(Chapter 35) A Flawed Hashira

A dream...
There was a place covered in darkness.
Nothing could be heard and nothing could be seen.
Takeo suddenly found himself trapped in this place.
He felt he was lost and all this darkness made him tremble.
Then, far away he saw some light.
He was relieved, but then he noticed he couldn't move.
His trying was hopeless.
No matter how hard he wanted to move, all he managed to do was to look at those lights.
Hopeless in the darkness Takeo began to notice what those lights truly were.

There was a monster who looked terrible and has glowing red eyes.
His bloodlust could be felt far away.
In front of him stood a man who resembled Takeo but looked more mature.

The man stood quietly in front of the monster like he was a tree but the monster suddenly rushed to attack him.
The man finally opened his eyes and marks in shape of flames began to appear in his face.
He said no words but chose to fight that monter all by himself.
He was fearless, but so the monster was dreadful.
Soon enough Takeo realised that a fierce battle began in front of his eyes it were a battle of two mighty forces clashing with each other equally.
This battle was meant to be eternal...

Takeo suddenly open his eyes and woke up from this nightmare .

His body was all hot and he had a painful headache.
He stood up from his bed and began to walk in order to cool down.
Apparently after his battle with Sabito, Takeo couldn't handle his training anymore, so Soragoi offered him to rest in his house.
Walking around Takeo noticed that this house was small and a modest one.
He thought that the Hashiras had big Estates who many people come and go, but Soragoi's house was not like anything he was told.
Aside from being small, it was a cozy place and Takeo noticed all kinds of figurines and souvenirs from all kind of places in Japan being put on tables and shelves.
Soragoi sure had a busy schedule, but he managed to keep his connections with all the places he had been.
A truly dedicated man aside from his goofy personality.
But that made Takeo think of Soragoi as a suspicious person because of of why he act like that.
While walking Takeo noticed a small door.
Takeo opened it out of his curiosity and found himself in a place filled with many Demon Slayer equipments.
But the thing was that each of them belonged to different persons.
From Haoris to Demon Slayer uniforms.
From swords to sheaths.
All of it were taken care delicately by him.
All this may have made Takeo think that Soragoi was some kind of stalker but one thing that would be easily noticeable was a beautiful katana who was in the middle of the room.
A katana of pink to crimson color with a guard in an cherry blossom flower shape.
A katana who can easily be acknowledged that it belonged to a great swordsman.

"All of them tell a story."

Takeo was immediately looked behind in shock.
Soragoi entered the room and was behind Takeo.
"All of them belongs to powerful swordsmen,great comrades,diligent students and..."

He began to feel sad.
"Beloved friends."

Takeo began to realise why he put all of this stuff in this room.

"I apologise!
I shouldn't have been here."

Soragoi patted his shoulder .
"No it's alright!
I wanted you to come here anyway."

Takeo looked at Soragoi who began to smile too.
He knew that this was one of the few moments where he could look at the real emotion of this man.

The nostalgia seemed to capture Soragoi, who gazed around this room.
They all gave their best till the very end.
Their lives were meaningful, and they gave meaning to my life too.
All of my encounters with them shaped who I am today.
All my memories with them are clear as a day.
I believe that continuing their legacy will keep them at ease on the other side.