「05」

They're definitely bluffing

"Oh. Are you now? Boys, pull out your knives again." The leader ordered. The three other men pull out their kitchen knives.

Jake tenses as he peers down at me.

"Run when I say." He whispered lowly. I nodded my head.

So he actually decided to be rational...

"Okay...So, you guys are Big Deal? Huh?" The men mused as he pulled out his knife, licking the flat of the blade.

"We've still got a spot open in our 'Black Bear'. Let's make this quick." The leader says with a haughty smile. Samuel adjusts his brass knuckles.

"Nice. I've always wanted to see for myself how strong the pros are."He says.

Is he kidding me right now? Sweetheart you really don't want to know right now—

"Wow, did you just call us pros?"

"We're flattered kid."

"You know what you gotta fo Jerry." Jake speaks up to Jerry.

"I can't believe we're going that for real." Jerry breathes out.

He better be talking about running like he just said we were going....!

"Thanks for everything Jerry." Jake says heartbreakingly.

"Anything for you, boss!"Jerry answers.

Ahhh! He's a big softie and he's a loyal dog? He's adorable...!

"Sounds like you kids got knives of your own. Let's dance—"

"RUNNNN!!!"In an instant I turn my heel and dash as Jake drags Samuel and the chubby guy from before behind me as we high tailed into the other direction.

"Jake, just run." Jerry yells. I look up as my eyes bulge open at the sight of Jerry 5 meters in front of us, on a bike.

"You're slower than me!" Jerry yells as he pedals on the small green bike with a neon pink basket in the front.

"You must've been practicing riding your bike Jerry!"Jake yells out.

"Thank you Jake! I only live to defend you!" Jerry yells back.

"You can't just leave us like this, Jerry!!" Red Converse yells out.

"Bahhhaaahahahaahahaha!" I suddenly burst out laughing as the whole groups turns to me.

"Ahhhhh! Sorry guys, just found that really funny." I giggle as I started to pick up the pace. I hear the rest of the group let out a small snicker as we continued to run.

"...By the way..."Jake starts.

"Who are you?" He asks as the whole group bursts out in a bunch of 'WHAT?!'s'.