「08」

"Can't you let me stay

"Can't you let me stay...please...?" The boy asks with a trembling voice.

"I-I ran away from home...and I've got nowhere else to go...and no where to stay...and I really need some money...."He trembles.

Ahhh! My heart...!

"I-I'll do anything you want! I could probably even sell clothes for you....!"Samuel lets go of me and stares at the kid with wide eyes as if it was some big prank.

"Hey...kid..."Samuel trails, I glance and felt my heart break at the sight of the small boy crying and trembling, hugging his small dog.

"Why are you crying?"Samuel demanded.

"It's just....I don't like it when you two are fighting...because of me...!" I slap my cheeks as I mentally keep in a scream. I grab onto Samuel sleeve to mentally keep myself sane.

SAMUEL YOU HEARTLESS JERK! HOW CAN YOU DENY HIM?!

"I-I know how to use a washing machine...! My mom taught me how!" The boy protested. Samuel scoffs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Jerry, (Y/n)...are you seriously saying we should let this dweeb into—?"

"Just let him stay!" Hye-jin unnie blurts out from behind a corner. I look over at unnies with teary eyes.

"...Unnies...."I mumble as they smile and throw me a thumbs up.

"He even said he knows how to use a washing machine!" Ae-cha unnie nods.

"Don't you feel sorry for him?! You of all people shouldn't treat him like that, Samuel!" Yeonhui unnie scolds him.

Yes Unnie! Tell him!

"Johan is also taking care of his widowed mom!" Yeonhui adds.

...Johan...?

"S-sorry....I'll just go..."Johan mumbles as he walked towards the door.

!!!! I can't take him in either and if Big Deal can't...what can I do...? Ah!

"Hey crybaby." Samuel calls as I let go of him, swaddling around my myself and searching for my wallet.

"If you're that desperate for money...snatch people's shoes and sell'em or something." Samuel suggests as he brings a cigarette to his lips. I pull out my wallet and open it up, pulling out all the cash from every nook and cranny in my wallet.

"I don't know what your situation is...but don't cry in front of others so easily.

The world won't care about you even if you cry."

I start walking up to the boy and pop up in front of him, his eyes widen at the sight of me.

"...if you wanna survive out there, you'd better change that look in your eyes." Samuel advises. I present to the kid all the cash I had on me.