「29」

"Oh lord

"Oh lord." (Y/n) mutters out loudly as she scanned the loft. Absolute chaos ensuing inside her apartment of central Seoul made by a single man and the child he's trying to calm down. Screaming and crying from the courtesy of Yenna, Eli's brows furrow left and right, trying to calm her down as she was laid on the sofa. 

The apartment in question? Random toys and here and there, different kinds of baby powder scattered across the table along with baby bottles of all sorts of sizes. It was a no brainer— Eli doesn't know how to raise a baby.

Yenna twists and turns, crying out loudly as (Y/n) quietly shut the door behind her, making sure the neighbours weren't already fed up. From their perspective, the situation in their apartment was pure speculation.

Two teenagers living in a moderately classed loft, with a child no less. Of course there were some dirty eyes in their direction.

 'A child at their age?, How irresponsible!'

'Their parents definitely disowned them, how disgraceful.'

'This young with a kid, living in this apartment complex, their parents probably paid them a hefty sum to move out, I wouldn't be caught dead with a grandchild especially when my children are as young as them!'

"(Y/n)!" Eli whips his head, a small hint of relief evident in his eyes. It was cut short as Yenna's crying pitch went louder. (Y/n) walks over, bending down— two teens unsure about what to do to quiet a baby. She felt her ears rip.

"Have you tried holding her??" (Y/n) asks frantically as she tried to reposition Yenna on her bum, sitting her up. Eli nods, as he helps her.

"Yea, it doesn't work."Eli says as (Y/n) lifts Yenna up under her arms. Unsure she pulled Yenna onto her shoulder, standing up. Bobbing up and down, rubbing Yenna's back softly with the low 'shh shh shh' noises.

After a while, Yenna moved onto small hiccups. The two teens both breathed a sigh of relief. (Y/n) readjusts Yenna on her shoulder as Eli stood over them, making sure Yenna wasn't on the verge of crying again.

"I guess that worked.."She mutters, as she carefully sat back down on the couch.

"I'll try that next time." Eli states as he sits back down on the couch absolutely defeated. (Y/n) turns to him, in all the time that she had known him, he'd never been so focused and given anything his 110% until now, when it came to Yenna.

Even when Mr.Carpenter had asked them to do something, they did it easily, they ran on autopilot. But when it came to Yenna, he paid attention. He panicked when he couldn't make her stop crying. He cared.

(Y/n) let out a small chuckle as Eli glanced back at her, questioningly. She goes back to rubbing Yenna's back. 'What am I thinking, we escaped that hell. We can choose to do anything now,' she thought as she leaned back.

"I'm not that great with children myself, but I guess I have a knack for it."She says with a smile, leaning her head back as Eli relaxed again into the sofa, turning his head; attention shifting to the girl in front of him as Yenna dozed off.