「16」

(Y/n) | Age 6 | Background

"Alright, Papa and Mama are leaving now, be a good girl alright? Uncle Seok is going to look after you for a few months."The girl looks up at her mother blankly. They were once again, leaving her in the care of her mother's close friend, Seok Beom, alas— Uncle Seok. He was said to be kind man, an extremely kind man— it was a facade. He was obsessed. Obsessed over Sang-ah, (Y/n)'s mother, a happily married woman with a doting daughter.

(Y/n) tugs the hem of her mother's dress. Sang-ah looks down with slight surprise before bending down to her daughters height.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" She asks tenderly as her husband walks back towards them. (Y/n) holds her jaw tightly, peering back at Uncle Seok who stared back her and her mother. A terrifying gaze. All of the little girl's thoughts diminish, she couldn't tell her mother. It'd break her heart. Her father pats her head with a small chuckle.

"Our little girl doesn't want us to go, Sang-ah." He looks at his daughter. Unbeknownst to both of them, the little girl in question was terrified. She looks up at her father with furrowed brows before she huffed, running away. Silas flinches at the suddenly attitude of his daughter.

"(Y/n)?" Her father called after her, the girl ran. Up corporate building stairs and through the automatic double doors. Her mother sighs restlessly, she couldn't help but worry about her growing daughter who had sudden jolts of attitude every now and then.

"Silas, you made her upset again." Sang-ah sighs as she turned her heel leaving her husband in a jaw dropping state. 'This...this is my fault?!" He thought in disbelief as he watched his woman step into the car. He looks back at the corporate building, spotting his little girl hide behind a vase inside the building, looking back at her parents leaving. He sighs heavily, like mother, like daughter he supposed.

"Seok, I'll be leaving (Y/n) in your care then."Silas says as he walks towards the car. Seok smiles warmly before resting his hand on his chest.

"Don't worry Silas, I'm make sure she doesn't get into any trouble."Seok reassures Silas who nods.

"Silas, give it a rest. (Y/n) is a good child."Sang-ah scoffs as Silas climbed into the car, closing the door behind him before signalling the driver to start the car.

"I can't help but worry, was she always like this?"Silas mentions as he leans back in his seat.

"She's a bright child, she's just sad to see us go again."Sang-ah mutters as she looks out the window. Although the words his wife said lessened his worries on his daughter, Silas could not help but think back on all of the times before they left. Every time, their daughter would stay silent and run away.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking it, I heard girls go through puberty much earlier than boys, maybe she's—" Sang-ah quickly slaps her husbands arm. With strength her husband never knew she had.