「06」

My eyes suddenly widen as the men hauled the rope from behind us

My eyes suddenly widen as the men hauled the rope from behind us. A body emerges from under the water. The boys eyes widen as their jaw hangs open at the sight of the dead body.

"Aw. Our little buddies from Big Deal must've been spooked. As you can probably tell, this guy wasn'y Big Deal. He's one of us, but he tarnished our reputation, so we punished him."

"Reputation is very important to adults."

"Take him to 'Black Bear' and dry him off."

"It's a good thing we have 'Black Bear' ."

"Like is good nowadays, you know?"

Black Bear...? Dry...? Are they disposing his body in that van...?

"S-Sir WAIT!" Jason screams.

"WE'RE NOT ACTUALLY BIG DEAL—"

"I know." The boss cuts of Brad.

"WHAT?!" The duo yell in confusion.

"I know you guys aren't apart of Big Deal. You guys probably just said that because you don't want to back down." The boss sighs with a smirk.

"T-that's right!"Bard agrees.

"We're good little—"

"But see, that's not the issue here. The real issue is that you guys addressed yourselves as Big Deal when you stood up to us out there. Black Bear gang and Big Deal are arch rivals. So what would happen if I just let you guys go?"

Ah— so that's why.

"It would make Black Bear gang look soft."

"Adults value reputation over the truth. You guys just have to die for the sake of our reputation."

"HEY, DON'T FREAK OUT! HE'S JUST TRYING TO SCARE US! THERE'S NO WAY HE'D KILL A BUNCH OF KIDS OVER THAT! IT'D BE ALL OVER THE NEWS!"Alexander shrieks loudly before his head dips under the water.

No...but he can if he...

"That's true. It wouldn't make sense to cause a scandal over something petty like this." The big boss agrees.

"SEE? HE CAN'T KILL US!"Alexander blurts.

"Shut up! He can!" I mutter loudly. Everyone falls silent as they all turn to me.

"You're a smart little girl aren't you? That van over there is an illegal hearse, you can look up the details yourselves..." He clicks his fingers as his men pulls Alexander up from the water, forcing him into the hearse.

"I'M SORRY!! PLEASE DOn'T DO THIS!! I DIDN'T CALL MYSELF BIG DEAL!! I WAS JUST A BYSTANDER!! SIR!!! MISTER BLACK BEAR!! WAAAAHHHH!"Alexander shrieks loudly as I grit my teeth. I start trying to waddle my way through the water.