Home in 221b Baker street

Solais and Sherlock Holmes were officially back in their flat on 221B Baker street, and it showed. The layer of dust had vanished into thin air and the piles of paper and other rubbish had been rearranged into orderly piles. This was all courtesy of the time lady finally moving in with her detective.

Pictures neatly hung along the walls now. Pictures of her and various people littered the walls, along with several pictures of alien landscapes. Sherlock was in some of them, but he disliked being photographed, so those were far and few in between. He recognized two different versions of the Doctor and Julia, who had returned to being called the Professor.

The only companions he could say with certainty that he had personally met were Rory and Amy. He was there for the Wedding of River Song. He remembered how his heart had skipped a beat when his girlfriend jokingly whispered "we'll be next."

She must've called the Doctor and the Professor for help unpacking, because Sherlock could've sworn none of it was anywhere in the flat when he had left only an hour or two prior.

There she was, sitting smugly in his chair with a mug in hand with some [most likely alien] drink he couldn't recognize. It was a dark frothy purple that smelled vaguely like mangos and spices.

Since she discovered — or, more accurately, remembered — she was a time lord, her choices in clothing had changed completely. Solais no longer wore black skinny jeans and t-shirts with clever quotes on them, or a suit, which is what she typically wore to work. Instead, she often wore a creme dress shirt with a Tardis blue, nearly knee length skirt with pockets that was held up by suspenders. It was accompanied by a matching scarf — Tardis blue, of course — and black leather boots.

She had always made a point to meet him once a week for date night. She'd whisk him away in her ageless blue box and take him to whatever planet and time he chose. Solais never told him how much time had passed on her end, but he could see it in her eyes. She was far older than anyone on earth by now. Yet she always came back to him with a wide smile on her pink lips and a gleam in her eyes.

"So, how'd they take it?"

He grinned cheekily at her. "Surprisingly well, considering they thought I was dead for two years."

She grinned widely before standing up and kissing his cheek. "That's splendid darling. When did you say Mycroft would be here?"

There was a knock at the door and she hummed in response. "That'll be him then." She let her touch linger on his right arm for a moment or two more. "I'll be in the bedroom if you need me. I'm not quite sure I can look at him without attacking him right now."

Sherlock hummed softly. "No, I don't think you would."

There was another knock at the door. "Coming! Must you be so needy, brother dear?"

By the time the conversation was over, the bedroom they shared was covered with various machinery for measuring time anomalies and so forth. It had been the longest she had stayed in one timeline without being chased by something or other since nearly 400 years ago. She was bound to get bored quickly.

Solais smiled mischievously as her hands mindlessly meddled with wires for something or other as Sherlock entered the room. "Are you sure you're not a time-lord?"

The mattress creaked slightly as he settled down in front of her. "Mmm, pretty certain. Why?"

Solais smiled flirtatiously as her unfinished invention was set aside. She crawled towards him on all fours until her lips hovered above his. "You're far smarter than any human I know."

He smirked confidently. "I know." He guided her lips to his and he could feel her smile into her kiss. Sherlock Holmes was the anchor to her humanity. Solais dreaded the day when they ran out of time. She had managed to cheat and get 300 years rather than the average seventy, but she feared that it wouldn't be enough. It felt silly of her, but she feared regeneration and rejection.

But Sherlock was here with her right now, and she was going to make every single moment count.