The curly haired trio

Two curly haired time travelers appeared along the coast of Africa. The blonde one turned to her friend. "So, darling, do you actually have a plan for how we're going to find Sherly? Or are we freelancing?"

"Oh don't be ridiculous. I found some newspapers and predicted the case that Sherlock would be working. Only two even got close to something he would be interested in."

"Well, lead the way Solais dear." The curly haired time lady did so, weaving through the crowded market before arriving before arriving before a red door, and knocking on the door. From inside she heard a voice call out in French.

"Should I take that as 'it is ok to come in?'"

Some shuffling was heard from inside before the door opened. "Oh hello love. I was wondering when you would come visit." His sea foam green eyes glanced to River. "River Song. It has been quite some time. Come in."

They both entered and glanced around. "So, how did you find me? I'd like to know."

Solais smile softly and River nudges her slightly. "Go on..."

"It was quite simple really. I got the city from Mycroft and from there I used the Media and my knowledge of... Jim's underground network to narrow in. Now, as for your living arrangements: I knew you'd need to be close to your work. I also knew that it had to be small, discret, as to not to draw attention to yourself. I found four locations that matched this, but only one seemed like the thing you would rent. So here we are."

River smiled from besides her smugly. "But you already knew that, didn't you, Sherly?"

"Don't call me that. And yes, yes, I did. I just like hearing her mental process out loud. Why's River here?"

Solais shrugs. "Deduce it."

"Alright. You got the location but you didn't have the means of transportation. You could have gotten a plane ticket, but there is no airport in Gabon and you despise airplanes, so that's been ruled out. You could have called the Doctor and Julia, but they have a nasty habit of being terribly late.  The instance with Rose Tyler was evident enough of that. You needed a lift, so that leaves River Song and Jack Harkness. Now Jack, he would flirt with everyone involved and can be quite high maintenance. So that leaves River."

River nudged Solais again teasingly. "Well, I sure hope that wasn't the only reason you chose me."

"Well, I thought you were bound to get tired of that cell of yours eventually. Anyways, River, I hope you don't mind, but this conversation I need to have alone with Sherlock."

"Alright darling. I'll be right outside the door if you need me."

As she left, Sherlock's smile dropped and his face looked slightly concerned. "Okay, you're different. What's wrong?"

"Sherlock..." Oh, where to begin? Solais scoffed to herself. This reminded her of a conversation that she and Sherlock had long ago...

Courtney Moriarty looked away from her homework to answer her phone. She gave an amused smile at the text she had received before responding.

You know, Sherlock, you don't have to sign each text you send me. I have your number saved.

It was silent for a moment or two before her phone buzzed again.

Really? I thought we were merely acquaintances, per our agreement.

Sherlock, if we were 'just acquaintances', I would not talk to you outside of our cases. I try to make it blandly clear when I hate someone. We've known each other for nearly two years now, I think I've earned the right to call you my friend.

Touché, Courtney.

Jim leaned over Courtney's shoulder.

"OOooo, are you texting your boyfriend?" Courtney shoved him with her foot in response. "How ordinary."

"Shut up Jimmy. Plus, don't act like I don't know about you and, Sebastian was it?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Point made, sister dear."

Solais cleared her throat. "Before I tell you, I want you to know that my sentiments for you are the same as they've always been. I recently learned that I'm adopted."

Solais racked her mind for what to say next. She had nearly forty years of experience between both of her regenerations. By human standards, she was practically middle aged. But by the standards of her own people, she was a toddler, just barely learning to walk.

She reached inside her pocket and fished out a fob watch. "Sherlock," Solais started, leaning forwards to grab her boyfriend's hand, "I'm not human. Actually, it might be easier to show you. Will you let me do that?"

Sherlock nodded and Solais shifted uncomfortably. She had known Sherlock for about half of her life, and this was most certainly not the reaction she expected. Sherlock was very straight forwards, and as much as he hates sentiment, he is often run by his emotions.

If he gets angry or frustrated, he yells, insults or attacks the object that has 'wronged' him. When he is sad, he'll berry himself into his mind palace or, heaven forbid, drugs. When Sherlock is happy or excited, he will quiet literally leap with joy and impulsive do the next thing that pop into his brilliant mind.

But silence? That could mean anything, and was very unlike him. Best case scenario: shock. The more likely scenario was he was thinking and accessing everything.

She moved forwards, placing her fingers on your temples. Her voice came out in a hoarse whisper. "Okay, close your eyes. This is a two way connection, but I will try to to stay out of your mind. All you need to do is imagine a wall to keep me out."

They sat in silence on the floor. Both of their eyes were closed, and there foreheads rested against one another.

Finally, they opened their eyes. Solais ran a hand through her hair. "So?"

"You are a timelord." Sherlock paused for affirmation.

"Yes."

He nodded, his curls [which had become considerably longer] bouncing slightly. "Well, I suppose I should have known, because you are out of this world."

He winced and Solais groaned. "Can we both agree for you to never say something that cliche again?"

"Agreed." It was silent for a moment before both burst out into mad laughter. Solais' face had buried itself into Sherlock's shoulder. Finally, they slowed their role and Solais moved back slightly. Sherlock continued. "I think we can both agree that it's the fault of this bloody holiday. Happy Valentine's day, love."

He leaned in to kiss her but was cut off by an explosion. River slammed the door open. "Sorry loves, I got bored. Run!"