the meeting

Courtney's p

Courtney's p.o.v:

I took a deep breath as I step out of the cab...sorry, taxi. Of course I had gotten more appropriate clothing. Jimmy dear would absolutely abhor the idea of me meeting the Batman dressed like I just came from a post-apocalyptic universe. 

Ok, all those years of Drama don't fail me now I think to myself as I knock on the door. The door opens, revealing a stone faced Alfred Pennyworth.

"Ah so you must be the mysterious Ms. Moriarty.Please come in."

"Indeed I am. It's a pleasure to meet you Alfred." 

"I'll make Master Bruce and Master Damian aware of your arrival. Follow me, Miss." offers Alfred. 

"Mrs. Moriarty, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." I shook Bruce's hand, somehow managing to keep a straight face.

"The pleasure's all mine Bruce, Damian. And please, call me Courtney. I'm assuming you two will be wanting all the details on the case. Or would you two rather I start on the details on how I know your identities?" I say while taking a seat.

"The case please. Our identities can wait. " Bruce decides.

"When I walked into the alley there were two sets of male footprints going into the alley. On no doubt belonged to Mr. John Evans, seeing as the footsteps seemed shorter and forced. Footsteps like that are often seen when a gun is being held to a person's back. Mr. Evans had one, sorry two dogs (a german shepard and a blonde labrador I believe) and a smoking habit judging from the nicotine stains on his fingers. The other man was taller and had a wider stride (naturally, seeing as in he was holding the gun.) He seemed to be approximately 6'4 (a full 9 inches or 22.86 cm taller than Mr. Evans) and around 190 pounds. There was a white powder on Mr. Evan's left wrist, which I have concluded to be makeup. I believe all the facts are pointing to one person, Mr. Wayne." I finished my analysis and slide a file across the table.

"The Joker." Damian finally spoke up.

"And you got all that from one glance?" I nod in response to Bruce's question. "By any chance do you come from the eighteen hundreds?"

"Not that I'm aware of. I'll have to ask the Doctor and Julia about that. They're the time experts, not me. " 

"Doctor who?"Damian asks and I shake my head.

"It's just 'The Doctor'. I asked the same question when I first met him, followed by 'the doctor of what?' As for how I knew your identities, I simply fell through a rift in time in space. Or...well...sort of walked through I guess. In my universe, you are comic book characters. And I'll have to admit, I am a fan."