The final problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat deep in thought. I had to make a choice: my boyfriend or my brother. Seeing as in I don't have many friends, this is the most difficult decision I've ever had to make. I decided I needed advice from an old 'friend.'

"Hello sweetie." River announces.

I turn towards my crazy blond friend. "Where are we now? Have we done the cybermen yet?" I ask, handing her a cup of ginger tea, her favorite. (a/n: I don't actually know River's favorite drink. I should also warn you that this chapter is emotional.)

"Spoilers." She responds, even though I can sense her confusion.

''Obviously not. Anyways, there is a more pressing matter. I need to solve a problem. 'The final problem' as my dearest brother Jim would say. I need to choose between Sherlock Holmes and James Moriarty. And for once in my life... I feel lost."

" I've seen the way you and Sherlock look at each others. It's the same way the Doctor looks at Julia. Don't ever give that up." River responds.

'' Well, don't just stand there. Let's save Sherlock Holmes!" I exclaim, grabbing River's hand.

------------------------------------------------------------- time skip----------------------------------------------------

" Sherlock, your big brother and all the King's horses and men couldn't make me do a thing I didn't want to. '' Jim explains to Sherlock.

"Sorry boys, but we're not the King's men." River announces her presence.

"How ..." Sherlock starts.

"The same way I got here. Vortex manipulator, a nasty form of time travel. I'm trying to give it up.'' I say from behind him. "Don't mind us. Go on. We're just insurance."

"Where was I? Oh yes. You're ordinary. Your on the side of the angels." Jim drawls.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second I'm one of them." Sherlock sasses.

"No, you're not. I see. You're not ordinary. No. You're me. As long as I'm alive, you can save your friends; you've got a way out. Well, good luck with that." Jim says before shooting his brains out.

I rush over to my brothers' side choking back a sob as I search for a pulse. Nothing.

"Well, I didn't see that coming. Do you have a plan?"I ask Sherlock. He nods 'yes'. I peck his lips before I start to punch in coordinates into the vortex manipulator. "See you on the flipside."

-----------------------------------------------------40 minutes in the pass---------------------------------------------

"What's going on?'' I ask as I walk pass John.

"Mrs. Hudson's been shot!" He shouts. Sherlock, you sly dog.

"Oh my god! Is she ok? Sorry, stupid question." I reply playing along. John angrily storms out of the room. "I do hope you realise lying is a sin, Sherlock." I mummer against his lips.

"Mmm. I know." He replies before I close the gap.

''Don't worry, I'll keep John in check. Meet me at my flat after the fall." I say before rushing out of the room. "John wait up!"

--------------------------------------------------------mini time skip----------------------------------------------------

"Oh god, you two made me jump. Has Sherlock sorted it all out?" Mrs. Hudson asks.

"Oh my god!" John gasps.

"I'm an idiot!'' I say as we rush off to find a taxi.

------------------------------------------------another mini time skip-------------------------------------------------

"Hello?'' John says in a frantic tone as he puts Sherlock on speaker.

"Quartz, John.'' Sherlock's voice answers. It almost sounded like he was...crying.

''We are here. Are you ok?'' I soothe.

"Turn around and walk back the way you came." Sherlock demands.

"John, do what he says. Look up." I squeeze out as I see him on the roof.

'' Oh God." John responds.

" I ... I can't come down, so we'll ... we'll just have to do it like this." Sherlock apologizes.

"It's ok. I forgive you.'' I whisper.

"W-what's going on?" John stammers.

"The last part of the fairy tail. The death of Sherlock Holmes.'' I sobb.

"C-courtney, stay strong for me. Everything Moriarty said was true. I want you to tell anyone who'll listen." Sherlock continues.

"No. All right, stop it now."John says, and tries to struggle out of my grip. Key word being tried.

"Courtney, I love you. I don't think I say that enough." Sherlock concludes.

"You really don't. I-I love you too." I chuckle.

''Goodbye, John, Courtney." And just like that, my world went crashing to the ground.