'Not dead' and a surprise

My breathe hitches as I approach my friend and the black head stone. I place a hand on his shoulder, catching his attention.

"John, I need to tell you something important." He stood and turned to face me.

"Three months. You've been gone for three months."

"I'm sorry John. But...it's about Sherlock." John swallows harshly and I could see the dread building up inside him.

"W..what? What about him?"

"I think it would be best not to talk about it here. At the very least, you should sit down."

"What about Sherlock? Goddammit Courtney, enough with the riddles!" I nod slowly before responding.

"Ok." I pull a file out of my trench coat and hand it to John. "Sherlock's whereabouts for the last...three months you said? Don't tell Mycroft I have access to this file. He doesn't know . I mean, obviously he knows Sherlock is alive, but not my point." I watch awkwardly as John flips through the pictures. Tears seemed to start to build up in his eyes.

"I knew it! That bloody bastard!" I wince.

"Try to keep it down. Mycroft doesn't know I'm telling you this. There's...um one more thing I should mention: My name isn't exactly Courtney."

"Of course it isn't. Come on, what is it?"

"This one might be slightly harder to prove." I wince slightly before taking a deep breath. "My real name is Solais and I come from a planet called Gallifrey located in the binary star system, approximately 250 million light years away from this planet."

"Oh come on, stop it. You look human!"

I shrug in response. "You look time lord. My race is older, far more ancient. And I'm one of the last ones. Here, I can prove it." I place my hands on his temples and close my eyes. Glimpses of Gallifrey. Of regeneration. I leaned back and waited for his reaction. "So?"

My dirty blonde friend was a gaping mess. "B-but you're human!"

"Time lord. Two hearts."

"No...You. Are. Human."

"Time lord."

" Does...Does Sherlock know?" I shake my head.

"My race has a trick where we can rewrite our dna. We can rewrite it completely in a process called regeneration, where we essentially become an entire new person, but with the same memories. We have another process that makes us temporarily human. I recently just recovered from the latter process. I didn't know until a little while ago myself."

"You know...you could have just said no."

I smile softly. "Oh, I know." My smile then fell. "How do you think Sherlock will react? You know as well as I that he can be...harsh."

"He loves you, Cour...er Solais."

"You can call me Courtney if you wish."

"Courtney," John started, placing a hand on my shoulder, "He loves you. He'll come around."

I decide to bring up another factor. " I could out live him. Outlive both of you. Timelords can live for thousands of years."

"That is a subject you'll have to talk to Sherlock about."

I sigh and glance down. "I know."