Dinner and Dancing

Solais and Sherlock laughed to themselves as they caught their breath. They had just spent the last several hours with River Song fighting aliens and now were left alone. River has claimed that she 'had a prison waiting on her', so she had left the lovebirds alone.

Solais was the first to speak, all humor gone from her expression. "Do you really not care that I'm from a different planet?"

"Obviously not. You are still one of the only people who have given me the time of day, let alone want me to be part of their life in such meaningful way. Besides, biologically speaking, Gallifreyan biology is similar enough to my own, so it shall not pose a threat if we wish to...ahm settle down."

Both of their faces flushed slightly at his statement. "You want to settle down?"

"I just stated that it was a possibility. It makes sense why you grew attached to me so quickly. I must have reminded you of home, even if you couldn't remember it at the time."

Solais' face flickered with emotion. "I could outlive you by hundreds of years."

"You were never one to follow the rules Cou...mmm Solais, now were you?"

She weakly laughed. "Yeah, you're right. Well, I'm famished, and you must be too. I'm guessing you haven't eaten in...three days now? Come on, I think it's high time we went on a date."

"A date?"

The time lady rolled her eyes. "Yes, Sherlock, a date. You know, when couples go out and eat, sometimes wine is involved. Maybe afterwards we can dance."

"Mmm fine. If you promise me that dance."

Solais shrugged. "Only if you promise to shower afterwards. And sleep too."

Sherlock thought to himself momentarily before scowling and Solais laughed at his defeat. "I'll take that as a yes then. Come on, you've been here longer than I. Any places catch your eye?"

"Hmmm there's only one nearby that didn't seem overly sketchy. Plus, the owner owes me."

She shook her head with a smile. "You move quickly, don't you?"

Sherlock also broke out into a smile. "Hmmm. Yes, yes I do."

It took about ten minute of sitting down for Sherlock to start bouncing his leg. Solais muttered underneath her breath. "Well, that took longer than I thought it would."

Sherlock turned to face her. "What did?"

She raised an eyebrow. "You're bored. Let's play deductions. Let's start with that guy over there."

Sherlock turned his attention to the man. "Simple. He works with livestock judging from the hay on his clothes. Evidently goats and sheep. He has two...no three kids and is cheating on his wife. He steamed his clothes, indicating that he wishes to impress the man he is seeing. The 'mystery man' has a border collie, so we can assume he also raises livestock. Mr. Cheater is planning on breaking it off with his wife."

Solais moved back slightly as their food was delivered. "Very good. My turn." They did this back and forth until their food was gone and they were back at the motel.

Sherlock extended one hand. "Now, I believe I was promised a dance."

Solais excepted his hand and let him lead. Her head leaned against his shoulder. "You could come traveling with me, you know. When the criminal web is unravelled. Anywhere and anytime you want. I'm sure the Doctor and Julia won't mind."

"Travelling with my future father and mother in law? Mmm no thanks."

Solais let out a laugh. "We could always kick them out." 

Sherlock let out a hum. "I'll think about it."