Chapter 5: Game, family.

When Derek saw the police cars, he knew he was screwed. They had found Laura's body.
As if being arrested by his sister's murder wasn't bad enough, as he walked out of the house, he saw Scott, Stiles, and HER. Standing there, victorious. He looked at her, that laugh from the other day was back in his head, and for one moment he saw Kate in his mind. The blonde hair, the light eyes, the smirk in her lips growing wider with his disgrace.
Knowing that the sigh of her was driving him insane (but not really knowing why), Carol blinked, turned arround, walked towards the boys and flipped her hair, everything almost in slow motion. The hair flip. Like SHE did. Like Kate did.

Soon after he'd gotten inside the car, Stiles was there, asking questions about why he'd killed Laura. Good thing the Sheriff pulled the boy outside. And then he heard HER voice. Geez that was getting annoying.
-Hey Noah!
-Carolinne.
She chuckled watching Stiles answer several questions and eventually spill that Scott was there with him that night. Then she chuckeld even harder when they discussed the different meanings of lying.
-Oh, Carolinne!
-Yes, Sheriff?
-Were you here that night too?
-...Maybe.
-You are going to get yourselves killed one day.
-Bet whatever you want that I'll be the last one standing!
-I have no doubt.
-But if anything happens, seventy people at my funeral, AT least!
-I'll make sure of it. Be careful!
-I make no promisses!
----
Later that night, they were all at the game. Carol was meeting Allison and Lydia too watch Scott and Jackson. Before getting to the girls, she saw coach talking to her brother and approached. When he was walking towards the field, she called him:
-Hey Jackson!
-What?
-Play like a Whittemore!
He smiled and nodded before walking away.
"Whatever you do, do it like a Whittemore." It was their thing. After Jackson found out he was adopted, his relationship with the family had weakened- she couldn't remember the last time she'd heard him tell their parentes he loved them. But she knew that deep down he did. And inspite of that, Carolinne had maneged to keep their friendship going. Yes, he could be a douche sometimes. But he was still her brother, and she loved him. And she knew he loved her too.

The game was going... Tense. Carol and Stiles weren't sure if Scott was going to control the shift due to his anger. There was one moment in particular that made them freeze, right after Jackson scored the first goal. She was happy for her brother and scared for her friend, specially after Allison and Lydia lifted a poster saying "WE LOVE U JACKSON".

-----
Final momentes of the game. Score was 4×5 and they were losing. The girls had switched to poster to "JACKSON IS #1" and it was not easy. Scott was obviously pissed, but he'd managed too keep it easy, and Carol mentaly thanked Allison for being there. Judge blew the whistel and... Scott had the ball. He ran troughough the field and nobody could stop him, aaaannd... he scored.
-YES, SCOTT!! YESS!!!- She screamed from the top of her lungs.
-Pass to McCall, pass to McCall!- Coach instructed.
She noticed Jackson slightly angry, envious, and felt kind of bad for him. He had this thing with being the best, almost as if trying to prove himself worthy os something. Or someone.
One second before the game ended, Scott scored the winning goal. The crowd was going insane, and it was beautiful.
She was SO proud and relieved. Maybe the werewolf thing woudn't be that hard after all. Lydia patched her on the shoulder and pointed at Allison walking towards the school building. The two girls exchanged a look knowing that their friend would have A LOT to tell them the next morning.

If only she knew Jackson had found Scott's gloves. With holes in the fingers.