Chapter 12: Unsolved case.

During the night, Carol was awoken by a call from Aiden.
-Hello?
-Carolinne, you need to go to Stiles' house.
-What's happening?
-Lydia heard him in her head saying he needed help.
-I'm sorry, she what now?
-The more you ask, the more confusing it gets.
-Oh, my poor Banshee. Where are you?
-We're at the school, on our way to the Stilinskis' house. Meet us there.
-Ok, I'll be there in 20.

She quickly changed into the first piece of clothing she found, a pink t-shirt with the feminist symbol, black leggings, and white sneakers; she got a coat just for precaution. Then, she wrote a note telling her parents that she was going to Stiles' due to an emergency call, and made her way to the Stilinskis' house as fast as she could. When she got there, she went straight to Stiles' room, where Lydia and Aiden were already trynig to figure things out, as were Scott and Isaac.
-Carol? Who told you? -Isaac asked.
-I did. -Aiden stepped foward.
-Carolinne... -Scott and Lydia started.
-I'm here for Stiles.
-Just--
-I said I'm here for Stiles. Thanks for warning me, Aiden. What do we have?
-This. -Lydia pointed at Stiles bed, where he'd tied several red strings. -He uses red for unsolved cases.
-Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case. -Aiden suggested.
-Or is an unsolved case. -Isaac said.
-Or maybe he's posessed. -Carol mumbled.
-Hold on, is he still out there? -Lydia asked. -You don't know where he is?!
-He said he's in an industrial basement somewhere. -Scott explained.
-We came here to get a better scent.- Isaac added.
-What else dis he say?
-Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding.
-And he's freezing.
-Tonight's the cooloest night of the year, it's gonna drop into the 20's. -Aiden pointed out. -Even Carolinne has a coat.
-What did his dad say? -Lydia asked.
-We kind of... We didn't tell him yet.
-Stiles is bleeding and freezing amd you didn't call his dad?!
-He made me promisse not to. We can find him by scent; if he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gottwn far, right?
-You didn't notice his jeep's gone, did you?

That's it. Carolinne'd had enough of them all acting like this was normal and ignoring the obvious reality of what was happening there.
-Guys, that's unacceptable, ok? You can't seriously believe that Stiles sleepwalked his way into an industrial basement. He didn't, someone else, something else walked him there; he is NOT in control of his own body!
-Carol--
-No, I'm done. I'm done watching you be oblivious to the situation we're currently in: STILES IS POSESSED, and the sooner you understand that, the sooner it will be over.
-She's right. -Aiden joined. -It's getting pretty clear that Stiles is posessed by the Nogitsune.
-Thank you.
-Right now, let's focus on the priority, which is finding Stiles. -Lydia said before another fight could hapen. -Scott, you promissed you wouldn't call his Dad, I didn't.
-Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help, I can call Derek, Allison...
-Everyone except for the cops, great idea.
-You guys remember she only gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right? -Aiden pointed out.
-...You don't have to call his dad. It's five minutes to the station.

When Isaac and Scott turned to leave, Lydia stayed:
-We'll catch up.
-Why?
-There's something here.
-Yeah, evidence of total insanity. -Isaac said.
-Evidence of demonic posession. -Carol corrected.
-We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death.
-For God's sake, FIGURE OUT?! -Carolinne snapped.
-Guys, just go. -Lydia instructed. -We'll be right behind you.

As soon as they were gone, Lydia turned to Carol with a look of desperation.
-I think you're right. -She said.
-What?
-You were right about Stiles being posessed. We should have listened to you, Care, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. -She burried her face in her hands, sad and tired.
-Hey, it's ok.
-No, it's not ok, we were idiots. You're my best friend, Care, how could I not listen to you?
-The scenario I brought up is scary, it's natural to block it and keep it away, what matters is that you recognized you were wrong.
-So you forgive me?
-What's Care without Lyds? -She smiled at her best friend and they hugged.
-Girls, the whole best friend bonding thing is beautiful and all, but can we go back to the problem in hand? -Aiden asked.
-Right. Stiles. Lyds, what do you feel?
-I don't know, I just... There's something in this room.
-Then let's search for it. You'll know it when you find it.