Chapter 6: Lights.

A/N: Have some Derek/Carol fluff because I really wanted to see Derek being spoiled by a cute gf, but Jeff Davis didn't give me that so I'm doing it for myself.
----------------------------------------------------

It was taking too long. Derek was completely still, so much that if Carolinne wasn't a werewolf she'd have checked his pulse just to make sure that he was still alive. Peter had his eyes turned up in a way that it was mostly the white part that was visible, making him look like the old lady from "The Others". Carol could feel that Derek's grip on her hand had tightened (another evidence that he wasn't dead), his skin was burning hot and his forehead was covered in sweat. Peter had said this was dangerous, and she was starting to worry that something had gone wrong when finally, Peter's hand seemed to be pushed out of Derek's neck and he almost fell back as Derek snapped awake.
-Did you see her? What did you ask her? Did she anything about me? -Peter bombarded him with questions. -Derek turned to him abruptly with a worried expression. -Well, That doesn't look good.
-Derek, are you ok? Let me get you some water. -Carolinne got up and went to fill a glass. -Here, drink it.
-Thanks. -He mumbled. -No, Peter, she didn't say anything about you.
-Is that a good or a bad thing? - Said man wondered.
-How should I know?
-Peter, I know you don't hear that very often, but there are more important things than you. -Carol told him. -You've done your part here, you can go home.
-...Fine. But give me the claws.
-Take it. -She gave him the wooden box.
-Excellent. See you tomorrow.

He took whar he wanted and walked out, leaving Carol alone with Derek.
-How are you doing? -She sat by him as he wad still panting.
-I'm fine.
-Are you sure?
-Yeah. -He nodded. She then placed her gelid hands in his face, and he clenched his jaw at the contrast.
-Your skinn is too hot. -She observed.
-And yours is too cold.
-Sorry. -She took her hand off. -I know that yours is always hot, but now it's more than usual.
-I know, I feel like just ran across the desert.
-Why don't you wipe your face?
-I should. Wait here. -He got up and madr his way to the bathroom. While he left, Carolinne's phone rang.
-Hey, Stiles.
-Carol, we need help.
-I'm kind of busy right now.
-It's urgent.
-What happened?
-Barrow took Kira.
-What?! Wait, so Kira's a supernatural?
-Whos's Kira? -Derek got back.
-Our new classmate. Stiles, did you hear me?
-Yes, and well, she must be, right? I mean, didn't he want to kill kids with glowing eyes?
-She's not a werewolf. Scott, Isaac, and I would have scented it.
-Are you coming?
-I...
-Go. -Derek said.
-But I don't want to leave you.
-I'll be fine, go.
-...All right. Yeah, text me your location.
-Great, bye.

They hung up and she turned back to Derek.
-I wanted to be with you.
-But they need your help. I'll see you tomorrow.
-Actually, you'll see me later.
-What?
-I told my parents I'd spend the night here.
-You're spending the night here? -He smiled.
-I am if you don't mind it.
-Of course I don't mind it.
-Awesome. Can you take my things out of the bag for me?
-Sure. See you later.
-See you later. -Before she left, they kissed, longingly and sweet.

Once she was out the door, Derek started to take things out of her bag and put them in the right places. Laptob on the desk, toothbrush in the bathroom, Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" on the bedside table with the reading lamp, clothes for the following day in the drawer and this on the
bed.

 Laptob on the desk, toothbrush in the bathroom, Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" on the bedside table with the reading lamp, clothes for the following day in the drawer and this on the bed