Chapter 24: Keep your promisse.

-Care! -Lydia called with a shaky voice as her best friend held Kali's heart in her hand. -Oh, my God...
-I can't believe I just did that. -The new Alpha mumbled.
-I wish I had been the one to kill her, but I have to say, that wad interesting. -Julia's lips curled in a grinn. Then, she started walking towards Lydia.
-What do you want from me? -The banshee asked as she tried to get away.
-I want you to do what you do best, Lydia. I want you to scream. -She revealed her real face to Lydia. And Lydia screamed, so loud that Carol's head hurt.
-What was that for? -Carolinne asked after her ears stopped throbbing.
-To catch the attention of some werewolves who must come back.
------------------------------

It wasn't long until Cora and Derek showed up there.
-You did this for me? -He asked Julia, looking at thr scene while Carolinne and Cora helped Lydia calm down.
-For us. -She nodded. -For anyone who's ever been their victim.
-Stop talking to me like a polititian, stop trying to convince me of your cause!
-Fine, I'll convince you of someone else's. Scott; you can save his mother, Stiles' father.
-How?
-I need a guardian. That's a role that can either be filled by the three parents I was forced to take, or by you.
-I can't help you, I'm not even an Alpha anymore.
-All I need is for you to help me get Deucalion in the right place at the right time.
-You just killed three of them on your own, what do you need me for?
-You haven't seen him at his strongest, I have. And if he's got Scott with him, I don't stand a chance. Unless I have you.
-Derek, don't trust her. -Cora warned.
-I have the eclipse in my favor. But the moon's only gonna be in the Earth's umbral shadow for 15 minutes, that's the extent of my window. There is no decision to struggle with, help me kill him, and the others live. Just help me.
-...Ok. I'll help you.
-Great. Now, as much as I'd love to take the credit for killing three of them on my own, I only killed two, the third was alive. Wasn't she, Carolinne.

Derek looked at Carol, not sure if he wanted to hear that story.
-What's she talking about? -He asked hesitantly. Carolinne, without saying anything, showed him her hands that were covered in blood and nodded in Kali's body's direction. He stared at the hole in her chest then turned back to Carol, who's eyes were now glowing an intense shade of red.
-You ripped her heart out?! -His and Cora's chins dropped.
-Yeah...
-And now you're an Alpha. -It wasn't a question, it was a statement. A statement which meant that now, Deucalion would have even more interest on her, and it would be even harder to make her stay.
-Well, if you're going to fight, I'm going with you. All of Kali's power must be useful for something, right?
-You're not going anywhere. -Derek stated categorically.
-Excuse me?
-Why would we deny help? -Julia questioned.
-Because Kali was powerful but not as powerful as Deucalion, which means she can't beat him.
-It'll be a lunar eclipse, I'll be there for backup if we don't have enough time, just like you.

He didn't want her to go, because he knew that if they lost, Deucalion would take her.
-Look, we hope that it can all be done during the eclipse, but even if it doesn't, Deucalion won't kill me.
-But he already knows this, don't you, Derek? -Julia snickered. -And that's what you're afraid of. You know that now that she's an Alpha, Deucalion's never gonna let her come back.
-Is this true? -Carol asked. -Is that why you don't want me to go?

Trying to lie was useless, werewolves could listen to heartbeats; so he just looked down and waited for her to make a snarky comment on how she could make her own decisions and that he couldn't boss her around and stop her from doing what she wanted. But instead, she took his hands on hers, looked right into his eyes, and said:
-I'll come back. I promisse. -For some reason, the first thought that came to her head after saying this was that Alice would 100% tease her once she found out about this moment of softness, and that caused her to smile to herself. Carolinne from 2 months earlier would tease her too, but that Carolinne was too proud to admit that every piece of her was in love with him and too heedless to understand that being overprotective was a natural behavior from someone who'd already lost so much.