Chapter 2: Jo March, marriage and pack.

Chemestry pop quiz, how lovely. Carol wasn't a fan of chemestry, even though she wasn't bad at it. But it was just so boring.
-This is a pop quiz, Mr. Stilinski. -Mr. Harris complained when Stiles tried talking to Scott. -If I hear your voice again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school carrer.
-Can you do that?
-Well, there it is again. Your voice. Triggering the only impulse I've ever had to strike a student repeatedly, and violently. I'll see you at three for detention.
-That's not very, professional, is it, Mr. Harris? -Carol asked, looking at him with tgat same teasing, innocent look that usually drove people insane. -And no, Stiles, he can't do that.
-Telling me how to do my job, Ms. Whittemore? Why don't you join Mr. Stilinski today?
-For someone who doesn't like to see our faces, you seem to put a lot of effort in keeping us here longer than necessary.
All the students laughed quietly at that.
-What are you laughing at? He asked angrily. -Back to your quizzes everyone.
Only a few seconds after that, she heard Danny whispering to Jackson (God bless supernatural hearing):
-Dude, your nose.
Jackson stormed out of the classroom, dragging everyone's attention, which won the students another complaint from Mr. Harris.
She finished her quiz quickly, and asked him permission to go check on her brother. Mr. Harris didn't like Carolinne, but he did like Jackson, so he allowed her to leave. But before she could get to the boy's locker, she saw Derek walking out of it.
-What are you doing here?
-Your brother.
-What's wrong with him?
-His body is fighting the bite.
-What?! Why?!
-I don't know.
-Has this ever happened before?
She listened to his heartbeats getting faster, and it scared her, because it couldn't mean anything good.
-Derek?
-It has. A girl. She... She died.
-WHAT?
-I don't think the same will happen to Jackson, okay? She died only a few minutes after she was bitten, because she... She rejected the bite. Jackson's body is just resisting. But he's not nearly as bad as she wad, it's just some black liquid comig out of his nose and ears.
-Oh, it's "just" that?
-Believe me, it's nothing.
She sighed, worried.
-If you say so...
-Now, he doesn't want to join a pack either.
-Of course not. He's a Whittemore; being insubmissive runs in the family. Blame our grandfather.
-I've already told you it's not about submission.
-And I've already told you what I think abou that, so we are not having this conversation again. -She said, getting closer to him and placing her hands inside his jacket and going up his back. -We have more interesting things to do. -She had a playful smirk and her last words were hardly above a whisper.
-Care... We shouldn't.
-I have 20 minutes before my next class.
-If anyone sees us, I can get arrested.
-Then we'd better not get caught.
And they didn't. But the whole hiding and sneaking through the corners thing made the situation a lot more exciting, and Carol wished they had more than 20 minutes... No, they weren't doing that. Not yet, at least. "You're 16, Care." he'd said  and the truth was, she was 100% comfortable with how things were.

After class, she met Allison and before she went to detention, Alli stopped by her locker. When she opened it, there was a note from Scott that won a silly smile from her.
-What does it say?
-"Because I love you".
-Awwn!
-Hey, nice dress. -The guy by the locker next to Alli's said. Matt.
-Nice camera. -She replied, and looked at Carol, who shrugged.
Inside Allison's locker was her dress for the funeral that afternoon, and they heard two girls whispering:
-Not her sister, her aunt. The one who murdered all these people.
-You mean the crazy bitch who killed all those people?
-Yeah, the fire, all those animal attacks. It was her aunt.
-Are you kidding? I sit next to her in English.
-Find a new seat. -And they started giggling.
-Why don't you two shut up? -Carol turned to them. -You see, I understand that your life is so boring and meaningless that you have to spend your time talking shit about cool people. But gossiping won't make you feel any better about the fact that you're just a waste of the universe's space and matter. So, next time you seat next to Alli in English, you thank God for having the opportunity to breathe the same air she does.
Carolinne's voice had always been loud, so there were a few people staring at the scene. She gestured for the girls to leave and they walked away sheepishly, leaving Carol with a triumphant smile. Oh, the perks of being the queen bee.
-Are you ok? -She asked Allison. -Your heartbeats are unsteady.
-Yeah, I... I just need to get out of here. I'll see you later. -She ran off to one of the rooms, and Carol was going to follow her, but she saw Scott on his way, and she knew that he could handle it.