Chapter 19: Bad news.

A/n: I am so sorry that it took me so long to update. This week I was really busy and didn't have much time to write. I also want to appolagize for the lack of creativity in this episode, but this is my first story, and I still find it hard to innovate when there are too many characters at the same place. I still hope you enjoy it and I promisse to try and make the other chapters better!
————————————————
She decided that the best thing to do was call Deaton. While he was on his way, Scott called her:
-Carolinne, where are you?
-I'm at the old Hale House.
-What are you doing there?
-It's complicated, and I have bad news.
-Stiles and I are at his house talking to his father and you should come too. It'd Matt. He's the master.
-So Stiles was right.
-Yes. I'm sorry, did you just say you have bad news?
-You'd better sit down.
-What is it?
-Peter Hale is alive.
-...
-Scott?
-I thought I heard you saying Peter Hale was alive.
-That's exactly what I said.
-How is this possible?!
-He haunted Lydia and made her use Derek in a ritual to bring him back.
-Is Derek with you?
-Yeah, but he's passed out. I called Deaton and now I'm waiting for him.
-You have to come.
-I can't leave Derek here. As soon as Deaton arrives, I'll be on my way.
-Fine, but hurry.
A few minutes later, Deaton arrived.
-Carolinne Jane?
-I'm here!
-What happned to him?
-Peter Hale's resurrection happened to him. Look, I really have to go, but I need you to promisse me that he'll be ok.
-I promise you. You can go.
-Thank you so much!
She called Scott again.
-Scott, are you still at Stiles' place?
-No, we're going to the sherrif's station.
-I'll meet you there.

They arrived at the same time.
-It's two in the morning. -The lady in the reception said.
-Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremaly important. -Mr. Stilinski told her while Stiles whispered:
-We looke at the hospital stuff first ok?
-Why? -Scott asked.
-Because all the murders were commited by Jackson, except for one, you remember?
-The pregnant girl, Jessica.
-Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could have seen him.
-Guys. -Noah gestured for them to follow him.

-I don't know, guys, I mean look at this. There was a six-car pileup that night, the hospital was jammed. -Stiles' dad said while they checked the security cameras.
-All right, just keep going. Look, he ahd to pass one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica, ok? He's gotta be on the footage somewhere.
-Oh, hold on, stop. -Scott spotted something. -Did you see that? Scroll back.
And so he did.
-That's him. That's Matt. -Stiles said, and Carol saw him too. But Noah didn't:
-All I see is the back of someone's head.
-Matt's head, yeah. I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium, it's weird.
-Are you crazy?
-Stiles, I do recognize him, but really, there is nothing weird about his head. He's pretty attractive, actually. -Carol said.
-All right, fine, then look at his jacket, huh? How many people do you know who wear black leather jackets?
-Millions, literally. Carolinne included.
-Ok, can we scroll foward? There's gotta be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras. -Scott insisted.
Noah sighed and did as told:
-Right there, stop stop! See? There he is again. -Stiles pointed.
-You mean there's the back of his head again!
-Ok, but look, he's talking to someone.
And someone was no one other than Melissa McCall.
-He's talking to my mom.
-Call her. She has to remember him.
Scott was quick to take his phone and call Melissa:
-Scott, do you know how many people I deal with in a day?
-This one's 16. He's got dark hair, looks like a normal teenager.
-Yeah, he looks evil.
-No, Stiles, he doesn't. -Carol rolled her eyes.
-Scott, I already talked to the police about this.
-Melissa, let me try this. -Carolinne intervened. -He has this supercute dark brown, slightly curly hair and gorgeous blue eyes, totally the kind of guy I would snog with.
-Was that really necessary? -Stiles frowned and she shrugged.
-Ok, mom, I'm gonna take a picture and send it to you. -He sent her a pictiere of Matt's yearbook photograph. -Did you get it?
-Yeah.
-Do you recognize him? Do you remember him?
-Yeah, I did. I mean, I remember I stopped him because he was tracking mud in the hall. Scott, what's going on?
-It's nothing mom, I'll explain it later, I gotta go.
He turned off and Mr. Stilinski opened a file:
-We've got shoe prints alongside the tire tracks at the trailer site.
-And if they match, then it puts Matt at the scene of three murders. The trailer, the hospital, and the rave. -Stiles concluded.
-Actually, four. A credit car receipt for an oil change was signed by Matt at the garage where the mechanic was killed.
-When?
-A couple hours before you got there.
-All right, dad, if one's an incident, two's a coincidence, and three's a pattern, what's four?
-Four's enough for a warrant. Scott, call your mom back, see how quick she can get here. If I can get an official ID, I can get a search warrant. -Noah instructed and Stiles and Carol high-fived. -Stiles, Carol, go to front desk, tell them to let Scott's mom in when she gets here.
-On it.
They went there, but there was nobody at the front desk.
-Hello?
They walked behind the desk, and to their shock, the lady was actually right there; dead, covered in blood. They turned arround and saw Matt standimg there, pointing a gun at them. Carolinne opened her mouth and took a deep breath, but he stopped her:
-If you scream, I'll shoot him.
-What the hell are you doing?
-I'm getting my payback.
-For what?
-They almost killed me. -He pushed Stiles inside Stilinski's office with the gun and Carol followed, afraid that he would actually shoot Stiles. Noah's eyes widened when he saw what was happening.
-Matt? It's Matt, right? -Matt nodded and he continued. -Matt, whatever's going on, I guarantee you there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun.
-You know, it's funny you say that, because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are.
-I know you don't wanna hurt people.
He'd let Stiles go, and Carolinne had pulled out a dagger, but Noah gestured for her to put it back.
-Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuated. And one way is to throw a dagger at me, like Whittemore was about to, or try dialing somebody on your cellphone, like McCall is doing. -Scott put his phone back in the pocket. -That could definitely get someone hurt. -With the gun, he signed for them to leave their phones at the desk. -Everyone. Now! Your knives too, Carolinne.
Reluctantly, she took a knife out of her back and a dagger out of her purse. He didn't know, but she had a third one clipped to the back of her bra strap (oh, please, what kind of amateur did hw take her for?). There weren't many places to hide them when wearing a dress and high heels (she could hear Alice in her head saying "another reason not to wear heels!"); she did have a third one Matt made Stiles handcuff Mr. Stilinski.
-Tighter.
-Do as he says, Stiles. -Noah instructed.
He then led them out of the room through the hallway. Carolinne hated herself for doing waht he said, but she couldn't risk him shooting Stiles. They walked by a door and saw three officers dead and covered in blood.
-What, are you gonna kill everyone in here?- Scott questioned.
-No, that's what Jackson's for. I just think about killing them, and he does.
-You can threaten me with a gun, you can attack me, you can do ehatever you want, but if you keep using my brother for your sadistic fun, I'll drown you in the nearest bathub.
-Ooh, savage. I like that, Whittemore. Now, get rid of the evidence against me.
They put the papers in the shredder and deleted the files.
-And we're done. -Stiles announced. -And, so, Matt, since all the people you brutally murdered deserves it because they killed you first, whatever that means, we're good here, right? I'll just get my dad, and we'll go, you know, you continue your whole vengeance thing. Enjoy the Kanima.
-NO! -Carol protested. -He doesn't get to keep using Jackson like a weapon in his twisted revange against the people who "killed" him.
When Matt was about to answer, they heard a car aproaching.
-Sounds like your mom's here, McCall.
-Matt, don't do this. -Scott said. -When she comes to the door, I'll just tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt.
They heard the door opening, indicating that Melissa was already there, waiting for someone to let her in.
-If you don't move now, I'm gonna kill Stiles first, and then your mom.
He led them to the front door.
-Open it.
-Please.
-Open the door.
And so Scott did. But it wasn't his mom out there, it was Derek.
-Oh, thank God.
And yes, it would have been great if he weren't paralyzed. His body fell limb to the ground, revealing a half-shifted Jackson behind him.
-How lovely. -Carolinne rolled her eyes.
-This is the one controlling him? -Derek asked. -This kid?
-Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad, werewolf. -Said "kid" replied. -Oh, yeah, that's right. I've learned a few things latetly. Werewolves, hunters, Kanimas... It's like a freaking Halloween Party every full moon. Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?
-Abominable Snowman. But, uh, it's more of, like, a wintertime thing, you know, seasonal.
Both Carol and Matt gave him a "what the hell are you talking about?" look as Jackson came behind him and scratched him.
-You bitch. -Stiles complained, falling right next to Derek.
-Actually, that's me. -Carol stated.
-Get him away from me.
-It must kind of suck, huh, Derek? To have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless.
-Still got some teeth. Why don't you gwt a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am.
-Yeah, bitch. -Stiles said.
-No, Stiles, I'm the bitch. -She was about to take her extra dagger when they heard another car approaching.
-Is that her? -Matt asked, knowing that this time it really was Melissa. -Do what I tell you to and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her.
-Scott, don't trust him. -Stiles warned. Matt violently pulled him and stepped on his chest.
-Hey, just stop! Stop!
-Get off him! -Carol demanded.
-Then do what I tell you to.
-Ok. -Scott agreed. -All right. Stop!
Matt stepped off Stiles' chest, allowing him to breathe propperly again.
-You. -He nodded at Jackson. -Take him in there. You two: with me.
He led them to where Melissa was with a gun pointed at them.
-Mom?
-Oh, you scared me. Where is every--
-Mom, just do what he says. He promissed he wouldn't hurt you.
-He's right...-Matt said and shot both werewolves, causing Melissa to scream.
-Scott! Stiles! Carolinne! -Mr. Stilinski yelled. -What happened?
-...But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you two.
-Wait-- Melissa tried, but Matt pointed the gun at her.
-Mom! Mom, stop, mom!
-It's ok, Melissa.
-I said, step back! -Matt yelled when Mrs. McCall tried to get closer.
-Scott, Carolinne...
-Melissa, just do it.
-Please, mom.
-Get up, McCall. You too, Whittemore.
-Matt. -Noah arrived. -Matt, listen to me.
-Shut up! Everybody shut the hell up! Now ger up, or I'll shoot her next.
Carol and Scott quickly got back on their feet and Matt made Melissa go to the holding cell.
-Please, they need to see a doctor. -She begged.
-You think so?
-Hey, hey, listen to me! -Noah yelled at Matt again.
-It's all right, we're ok. -Scott said.
-No, honey, you're not ok. -Melissa said, worried.
-It doesn't hurt, Melissa.
-Because of the adrenaline, ok? Please, let me... Let me just take a look at them, ok? I mean, I can help stop the bleeding.
-They have no idea, do they? -Matt looked at Scott and Carol.
-Please, let me just take a quick look.
-Shut up, shut up. Shut up, shut up! Lady, if you keep talking, I'm gonna put the next bullet through Scott's head.
-...Ok, ok.
-Back to the front, Whittemore. McCall. I'll be after you.
They went back to where Stiles and Derek were still lying.
-The evidence is gone. Why don't you just go?
-You think the evidence mattered that much, huh? No, no, I want the book.
-What? What book?
-The bestiary. Not just a few pages, I want the whole thing.
-Fuck me gently with a chainsaw! This, all of this is because of an old book?! You're willing to cause all of that pain because of a FREAKING BOOK? You're even more of a twisted psycho than I thought.
-It's not just a book, and you know it, Whittemore.
-What I know is what I'm gonna do too your vital organs when I get my hands on you.
-We don't even have it, it's Gerard's.-Scott explained. -What do you want if for anyway?
-I need answers.
-Answers to what?
-To this. -He suspended hia shirt, reavealing that part of his skin was like the Kanima's.
Oh yeah. That was something.

To be continued...