Chapter 3: Cologne, apophenia, and ring.

Scott, Stiles and Carolinne were on their way to Heather's party. Heather was an old friend of Carol and Stiles, but Scott didn't know her.
-What? -Stiles asked out of the blues.
-What do you mean "what"? -A confused Scott questioned.
-I mean "what" and you know what.
-"What" what?
-That look you were giving.
-I didn't give a look.
-There was a distinct look, Scott.
-What look?
-The look that says the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party.
-It's not that, it just seems a little weird going to a different high school's party.
-I go all the time. -Carol said. -Mostly Devenford Prep, but also a few others.
-What? Would you, oh my God, one drink, alright? You'll be fine. -Stiles said. -We went to nursery school with this girl, ok? She promissed to introduce us to all of our friends.
-I like Heather. -Carol commentrd. -She was always nice. Crazy, friendly bubbly... I remember when we were 14, and she loved it when I told her there was a movie named "Heathers". I like her best friend Danielle too.
-Yeah, so tonight, no Allison for you, no Lydia for me, no Derek for Carolinne. Tonight, we're moving on.
-...You're right. -Scott agreed.
-That's right I'm right.
-Moving on.
-Onward and upward.
-Let's do this.
-That's what I'm talking about, now look at me.
-Ok. -The boys high-fived.
-You guys nees all this mental warming up to go to a party? It's just music, drinks, people dancing and people hooking up. And some suspicious substances, dependimg on the party, but just stay away from those and you'll be fine.
-Not all of us are popular and used to going to parties, Carol. -Scott reminded.
-But you can survive this one. Come on!

As soon as they got there, it was clear that Heather's intentions were a little more than just... Friendly.
-Stiles! Hi!
-Hey! There's the birthday girl-- He was cut by Heather smashing her lips against his.
-So glad that you made it.
-Me too. -He replied, still in shock. -Uh, this is my friend Scott, and you know Carolinne.
-Oh, nice to meet you, Scott. Hey, Care!
-Nice to meet you too...
-Happy birthday, Heather! -Carol handed her a Macy's bag
-Awwn, thank you! Stiles, come downstairs with me and help me pick out a bottle of wine.
-Yes.

They both left, while Scott and Carol stayed behind looking at each other and laughing.
-What the hell was that?
-I know, right! So, Heather's clearly not going to introduce you to her friends, so let me show you mine.
-Uh, ok.

Carolinne and Scott walked through the party and she introduced him to a few people, talked to Bea and Daisy for a while, and found another friend from Devenford Prep.
-Lori? Hi!
-Oh, hey Carol!
-Scott, come here! This is my friend Lori Talbot. Lori, this is Scott McCall.
-Nice to meet you, Scott. -Lori looked at them with a weird look on her face.
-Uh, you too. -He said, and his phone rang.
-Who is it?
-...It's Allison.
-Ha, I knew it. Go ahead, tell her where we are.
-Are you sure?
-Yeah, I am.

He did as she said, and once he was back, she said.
-They're coming over.
-Great! Now that you've met... Lori, is Brett arround?
-Yes, he is somewhere in the back.
-Great, I'm gonna... Say hi to him.
-I'm sure you are.

She started to walk away when Scott grabbed her arm.
-What are you doing? -He asked.
-Moving on, Scott. -She smiled and winked at him. -Moving on.

He let go of her arm, and she found just the guy she was looking for. She placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned arround:
-Carolinne Jane Whittemore!
-Brett Talbot. How are you doing?
-Better now. -He grinned and she chuckled. But then he realized something.
-What are you doing? -She asked when he pulled her away from where they were to a less crowded place.
-You're a werewolf. -He stated and she froze.
-...I don't know what you're talking about.
-Yes, you do, you don't have to lie to me, Carol. -He smiled and glowed his yellow Beta eyes.
-You're one too. It really is a small world
-Yep, it is. For how long have you been one?
-A few months. What about you? Born or bitten.
-Born.
-Cool; so Lori is a werewolf as well, right?
-Yes.
-Huh, that's why she was looking at Scott and me like that. How did you guys know?
-There's a scent, you'll learn it eventually. I could smell it as soon as you approached me. That and Dior. It suits you, by the way.
-What? -She smiled. -Being a werewolf or Poison by Dior?
-Both. Definetly both. -He got closer and placed a hand or her back, right abover her waist. -And maybe a hint of my cologne as well...
-Flirting with an older girl, Talbot? -She teased.
-Oh, come on! -He rolled his eyes.
-What? I am older than you.
-Nine. Months.
-It's something.
-It's symbolic. We've already done this before, and what difference does it make, anyway? You're tiny, and you're always gonna look younger.
-Oh yeah? And what about you, huh, big boy? -She put her hand in his chest and bit her lower lip.
-I am the tallest guy you know, I have an eight-pack, and I know you wanna kiss me.
-And...?
-And... -He whispered. -I really wanna kiss you too.