Chapter 21: Risks.

A/N: Heyy, I'm back! And this is killing me because this is the first part of episode 3x23 (Insatiable) and Allison is my favorite canon character so obviously I HATE this episode.😭😭 Anyways, I hope you guys keep enjoying.
___________________________________

-Well... Medically, you seem ok. -Melissa informed after checking up Stiles. -You're definitely a real person.
-Ok so, I'm real, but am I really me? -Stiles questioned, voice hoarse.
-We think so, Stiles. -Carol told him. -But that's what Kira's mom is coming here for, to confirm that thought. -And just as she finished talking, Scott entered the room.
-Is she here? -Stiles asked.
-Yeah.
-Ok, let's do this. -He nodded, and the other three exchanged a concerned look, wondering if they should. -Guys, we have to do this.
-...Fine. But she'd bettee not hurt you, not even think of it. -Carolinne assured.

They all helped Stiles go to the living room where Noshiko was waiting.
-Put your knife down, kid. -The woman gestured at the knife Carol was holding.
-Why? I don't know if I can trust you.
-But you know you don't want to fight me. I'm a Celestial Kitsune with almost 900 years on this Earth.
-I'm not afraid of you.
-Very well. -Noshiko smiled subtly. -I'm not gonna hurt you because we are not enemies. But you should rethink this indifferent attitude you have regarding danger; it could get you killed.
-It's a risk I'm willing to take. Now, let's focus on what matters.
-All right. -She turned to Stiles. -Do you recognize me? -The boy nodded.
-Stop! -Kira arrived.
-It's ok. -Stiles assured. -I'm the one who asked her to come.
-You're the one who's going to get stabed with swords! Mom, don't do this to him.
-Hold on, what? -Carol turned to Scott, who also looked shocked and angry.
-It's already done. -Noshiko stated and the Oni appeared behind Stiles.
-Oh. -Carol sighed in relief. -Stiles, they're just gonna check you, ok? Once they see that you are really you they'll mark you with the 己 and leave. -(己 read "Onore").

One of the Oni approached Stiles and repeated on him the procedure all of the others had gone through. Stiles fell to the ground and the Oni disappeared.
-Look behind his ear. -Mrs. Yukimura instructed and they did as told.
-It worked. -Scott stated once they'd seen the symbol.
-So I'm actually me?
-More you than the Nogitsune. -Noshiko explained.
-Can the Oni find him?
-Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now.
-Can they kill him?
-It depends in how strong he is.
-What about Lydia? Why would they take her? -Scott questioned.
-He would only take her for an advantage.
-You mean her power?
-No way I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to get Lyds back.
-The power of a Banshee.
-No way I'm waiting until tomorrow night to get Lyds back. -Carolinne protested.
-You don't have other choice. Without the Oni, you can't find him, and you most certainly can't beat him.
-So you suggest we wait while my best friend gets tortured somewhere?
-He won't kill her.
-How can you know that?
-Because he needs her.

Carol sighed knowing that she wouldn't get a more satisfying answer. She decided to go back to Chris' place to see how him and Derek were doing, but before closing the door behind her, she turned to Kira's nom one last time:
-If she dies, her blood is on your hands.
------------------------------------

-Hey, boys. -She entered the house to find Chris and Derek sitting on the floor.
-Hey, Care.
-Why is your hair wet? -She asked Derek.
-To get the Nogitsune's fly out of me, I had to get my upper body in the shower while Deaton pushed the thing out of my wound with his bare hands.
-Uh, Ouch? Well, that explains why you both look even more exhausted than when I left. -She sat beside them and he took her hand on his.
-Any news? -Chris asked.
-Stiles is definitely himself. But we need the Oni to find the Nogitsune, whuch means we'll have to wait until tonight to get Lyds back.
-I'm sorry to hear that. Glad for Stiles, though.
-Yeah, me too.
-The truth is we should be out ther looking for him. Right now. Especially if he can do something like this. -Derek stated.
-I'm not sure that's actually gonna be necessary. -Chris said.
-Why not?
-Because if he can do something like this...
-...He's stronger than ever.
-Which means  he'll be coming for us.
Well, we should probably go home. -She looked at Derek.
-Agreed. I shouldn't even have come here in the first place.
-You know you weren't in control. -Chris told him.
-You had a gun pointed at my head; you could have pulled the trigger. Why didn't you?
-Because you're not my enemy anomore, Derek, and I'm not yours. -Carolinne smiled at that. She knew those words were genuine. -Besides, id I had killed you, your girlfriend over here would have ripped my head off, and I really like my head where it is. -He added, causing them to laugh.
-Thank you, Chris. For everything.
-You're welcome Carolinne.