Chapter 18: The Recital.

About an hour later, Alice arrived. They were at the schoo parking lot, getting ready to attend the recital when Scott's phone beeped.
-Hey, it's Allison. -He said, taking his phone from his pocket. -Isaac and her just found Mr. Westover.
-Alive? -Carol asked.
-Dead.
-Oh, no... How did they know where to look?
-That's the creepy part. Her father has a map full of marks where the bodies were and will be found. He also know the categories of sacdifices, and appearently this time it's philosofers.
-Christopher Argent?! -Alice's eyes widened in shock. -What the fuck...
-I'm calling Stiles.

When Stiles picked up, he had more bad news.
-Hey, Scott... Not a good moment, bud.
-How did it go with your father?
-He obviously didn't believe a word, and when Cora was about to show him, she fainted.
-You're joking!
-No, we're at the hospital now. Anyway, what's going on?
-Mr. Westover is dead.
-Our history teacher?!
-Yeah. We were wrong, it's not guardians as in law enforcement. It's philosophers as in teachers. Allison and her father just found him.
-That makes sense, Tara, she wasn't always a cop, she used to teach middle school.
-Then the last one's gonna be another teacher.
-Yeah, but there's dozens of them, Scott, and they're all headed home.
-No. No, they're not, they're all going to the recital.
--------

-You should be a part of this. -Danny said as Carolinne touched up her lipstick.
-Danny, I would have loved to participate, but you know I don't have time to practice.
-Even when you had time you just didn't like to practice.
-Fair enough. -She chuckled and Ethan showed up. -And I guess that's my cue. Good luck Danny, you'll do great!
-Thanks Care.

She went back to where Scott and Alice were, just as Lydia arrived.
-I thought you were going home. -Scott said.
-I can't. I don't know why I am the one that keeps finding the bodies, but maybe if I just stopped trying to fight it, I'll find them before it happens, maybe with enough time for someone like you guys to do something about it.
-You get us the time and we'll do something about it, we swear to God we will. -He assured.
-Lydia, I know why you're the one finding the bodies. -Alice said.
-You do?!
-Yes. When Peter bit you, you didn't turn into a werewolf because you already were supernatural. What the Bite did was trigger your abilities. You're a Banshee.
-A what?
-A Banshee. -In that moment, the lights were turned off. -I'll have to explain it later.

They took their seats and Carol whispered to Alice.
-I see your day was productive.
-Aham.
-What is it like to be homeschooled?
-It has its pros and cons. One advantage is that I can stay in Beacon Hills for as long as you want. By the way, are you sure that you and your parents are ok with me staying at your house for so long?
-Of course! It's not like anyone would be using Jackson's room anyway. Hey, where did you say your parents were?
-Uganda. They're hunting Adroanzi.
-What?
-Adroanzi. They're a bloodline of the Nosferatu clan in Lugbara culture. They look like snakes, but are actually related to the evil spirit Adro. They hunt and eat people.
-Cool! Why are you not there?
-They said I was "tOo YoUnG for such a dangerous mission". So, they wanted me to stay safe and I ended up coming to Beacon Hills to fight a pack of power-hungry Alphas and an evil druid.
-Well... The Adroanzi sound worse.
-They are.

For a few seconds, neither girls said anything more. But Alice didn't miss how Carol seemed to be zoned out for the secind time since the recital had begun.
-CJ, is something bothering you?
-What? No, I... I was just thinking about Cora... And Derek.
-Ooh, Derek, huh?
-Alice! That's, that's not what I meant.
-Are you thinking about Derek or not?
-No. Yes! I mean, I am, but not like that. His sister's in the hospital, and she's all the family he has left apart from Peter. I'm worried about her, and he must be too.
-But you can't do anything about that.
-Maybe I could text him? Ask how she's doing, if they need anything...
-You could, but I think it's too early. How about tomorrow morning? You can ask him about their night, if she's gotten any better...
-Good idea! Yeah, I'll do that. I'll text him tomorrow.