Chapter 12: Girlfriend, Alpha.

Allison and Carol were both heading to the exit while talking about the scene at Econ class.
-The was completely unnecessary.
-Agreed. For one moment, I could swear Scott was going to kill him. Thanks to you, coach is still alive. Seriously, the holding hands thing was so cute.
-It was all I could think of. -Allison chuckled.
-It was perfect and sweet. You didn't need to help him.
-I wanted to.
-I know, and that's what makes it cute.
-I love him. -Alli said with a goofy smile.
-...You do realize what you just said, right?
-Yes. I love him.
-Awwn!
-Soon it will be you!
-Eh... I don't think that's for me.
-Why not?
It wasn't the first time someone asked her that. People didn't really get why she was single, ans they certainly didn't understand why she liked it that way.
-You see, I value my personal space a lot, and I like being independent. Plus, I don't fit in society's description of a good girlfriend, and honestly, I don't really want to. I'm not sweet or sensitive, I don't flinch at horror and gore movies, I don't like to cuddle and spooning triggers my anxiety. Specially in the little spoon position.
-And you'll find someone who loves you just like that. But I have to ask, what's wrong with being the little spoon?
-What's not wrong with it? Seriously, what's the point of getting under the dead weight of someone else's arm that keeps you from moving and limits your lung capacity?!
Allison wasn't sure how to answer that so she just laughed and they changed subject.
--------------------------------------
When she got home, her parents were already there.
-Hey sweetie!
-Hi mom! I thought you guys were working late tonight.
-Nope, we are going to disturb your peace all afternoon. -Mr. Whittemore said.
-Oh doctors, your presence is never disturbing.
-Not even when we force you to study?-Her mom joked.
-Yeah, that's disturbing.
-Oh I'm sure it is. But just because you have good grades, doesn't mean you can officialy give up on homework, so get to work, lady.
-Nice seeing you too...
Before going to her bedroom, she stoppes at Jackson's room. He would probably stay there all day and then go out with Lydia. It hadn't always been like this. Before they told him about the adoption, he had a good relationship with their parents, but everything started falling apart from there.
-Mom and dad are home. -She started
He lifted his gaze to where she was stanting.
-Yeah, I know. And...?
-It wouldn't kill you to interact with them a little.
-I'm pretty sure we already had this conversarion. More than once. -He got annoyed.
She sighed, frustrated. It was true, she'd already tried to talk about it, but he always found a way to shut her down. But that's not what she was there to talk about, so she's just try again another day.
-So, Allison told me you talked to her today.
-What did she say?
-She said you appolagized.
-Something wrong about that?
-No, not at all! Just... Wasn't exoecting that.
-Well, people can evolve, right?
-Sure, and it's great, I'm just surprised. In a positive way! May I ask what caused you to change your mind about them? -She asked.
The truth is, not even he knew. He'd been feeling kind of sick later, and the scratches in his neck were far from getting better. Something was off, and he had know idea what it was. But he wasn't in the mood to talk about that either, so intead he answered with a joke:
-I guess... Watching Anthony Hopkins eating body parts for 3 movies in a row can change the way you see things.
She tried to give him a serious look, but couldn't keep herself from laughing at the comment.
-Fair enough. But you have to admit, his acting was fantastic. The movies are awesome.
-I'd describe them as interestung, but still disgusting.
-You can't recognize a masterpiece. Too bad. Enjoy... whatever it is that you're doing there.
She left his room, but refused to accept defeat. She'd still get him to talk... Just not today.

About an hour had passed when Scott called her.
-Carolinne, are you busy?
-Not really, why? Do you need me for something?
-Yes. Come to the animal clinic. Like, NOW.
-Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can, what's wrong?
-Just come and you'll see.

She arrived and saw a verry angry Scott, an annoyed Derek, and an unconcious Deaton tied up to a chair.
-What the hell happened here?!
-HE happened here! -Scott said pointing at Derek.
-You mind explaining?
-I have reasons to believe he's the Alpha.
-So, you just tie himto a chair and beat him up?
-Yes. -He shruged.
-Man, seriously, what is your damage?
-He knows more than he claims.
She took a deep breath. This was the first time she saw Derek since... Yeah, you know. It wasn't so weird because Scott was there with them, but both knew that if they stayed alone with each other for some reason, things would get really akward really quickly.
-This is not how we solve our problems.
-Do you have any ideas? Or you, Scott?
-Well... -Scott started.

Next thing they were all in Stiles' jeep, arriving at the school.
-This is a terrible idea. -Stiles stated.
-Yeah, I know. -Scott did know. He just didn't know what else to do.
-But we're still gonna do it?
-Can you think of something better?
-Well, personaly I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it juay goes away.
-(?) with that, Stiles. What could go wrong?
-Besides us getting killed?
-We're not getting killed. Optimism, my friend!
-Just make sure we can get inside. -Scott instructed.
That's when Derek got there.
-Where's my boss? -Scott asked.
-He's in the back.
-Oh, he looks comfortable.
-Shut up, Stiles.
-Wait, hey! What are you doing?
-You said I was linked with the Alpha. I'm gonna see if you're right.
And just like that, Scott and Stiles were gone, leaving Derek and Carolinne alone with each other. The most absolute silence reigned. Not the typical akward silece that takes place when nobody knows what to say; an unconfortable, deafening silence, which held too many unspoken words that none of them were willing to give voice to. It was driving Carol insane.
-So...
-So.
She sighed deeply and started talking
-Look: I know I messed up. I shouldn't have followed her inside your home, and I shouldn't have stayed to watch. I truly am sorry, but it's not something I can undo. And... I don't want us to be strangers again. I know we weren't exactly friends but...
-But...?
She turned to look him in the eyes.
-When we first met, I hated you, as you can remember. Then, in order to make things easier for Scott, I learned to tolerate you. And after that, I actually started liking you.
-Why? -He frowned.
-Because you know what you want, you're practical, you have this cool, mysterious vibe, and you're one of the only guys who can wear a black leather jacket and actually pull it off without looking like an Elvis Presley wannabe.
He wouldn't admit it, but she had grown on him too. There was something about her that he couldn't quite figure out yet, and for some reason he wanted to know more. He was about to say something when the weirdest, funniest sound cut through. Appearently, Scott was trying to growl. Trying.
-You've got to be kidding me. -Derek complained, with a look of embarassment in his face. Carol bursted out laughing so hard that her stomach hurt and tears started gathering in the corner of her eyes.
-You think this is funny?
-This is hillarious! Really, I can't say what's the funniest thing here, if it is Scott's attempt to growl, the look on your face... Oh God this scene should be used as a cure for depression.
He shook his head and looked down, but she spotted a smile in his face before he could look away.
-Let me call them.
She took her phone and called Stiles, who quickly picked up.
-Hey Carolinne...
-Put me on speaker.
-Done.
-Are you torturing a squirrel in there?!
-Was it thad bad? -She heard Scott asking.
-It was horrible, sweetie.
-But it was a howl, right?
-Yeah, technically. -Stiles tried.
-Well, what did it sound like to you?
-Like a cat being choked to death, Scott.
Scott frowned, kind of disapointed.
-What do I do, how am I supposed to do this?!
-You have to try again, Scott. -Carolinne encouraged. -Stiles, do something. Good luck. -She turned off and hoped for the best.
-This is pointless. -Derek stated.
-It was his first time trying this. He's still new to this whole thing. Have hope.
A few seconds later they heard an increadibly loud growl. It was deep and feral, just like an animal would have done. It was perfect.
-SEE? I TOLD YOU HE COULD DO IT!! That's my boy, Scott!!!
-What are you sou happy about? It was just a "roar".
-It wasn't just a "roar". It was amazing! If you can growl and "roar" like that, you're officially a better werewolf than Jacob Black.
-Oh no, you like Twilight?! Seriouly?
-I love Twilight. But hey, everyone has their guilty pleasures.
When Scott and Stiles showed up, Derek looked at them angry:
-I'm gonna kill both of you! What the hell was that? Were you trying to attract the entire state to the school?!
-Sorry, I didn't know it'd be that loud. -Scott appolagized with a smile.
-Oh, it was loud. And it was awesome! -Stiles was clearly excited, and so was Carol. Derek... Not so much.
-Shut up.
-Don't be such a sourwolf!
Scott looked at the car and realized that Deaton wasn't there anymore.
-What did you do with him? -He asked Derek.
-What? I didn't do anything.
That's when something attacked him from the back. There was blood, a lot of blood coming out of his mouth. Then, the thing lifted him, and threw him at a wall.
-NO! -Carol ran to where he landed, appearently dead, while the boys ran to the school building.
-CAROLINNE, WATCH OUT!
She turned to see the Alpha right behind her. She tried to run, but it grabbed her leg and it was about to attack her when she somehow managed to pull out the dagger hidden behind her neck and stabbed him in the arm, then in the stomach. She had time to run inside the school while the thing healed, and the boys locked the door just in time. But now they were trapped. And there was a whole lot of things to happen before they could finally get out.