Chapter 11: Phone calls and lilys.

A/N: Filler chapter, takes place between episodes 17 and 18 from season 3.
___________________________________

"Carolinne, please pick up."

"Carol, let's sort this out."

"Come on, Care, don't disappear like that."

"Call us back, Carolinne, please."

"Talk to us, Carol, please!".

"Care, don't do this to me."

"We're friends, we'll work this out, but don't ghost us".

"Care, I'm your best friend."

"Come on, I'm your boyfriend."

You have 38 missed calls.

The following morining, Carol's phone had 7 missed calls from Scott, 9 from Allison, 10 from Lydia and 12 from Derek. She didn't return any of them, just followed her morning routine like nothing had happened. Shower, breakfest, bye Mom, bye Dad, school. She usually parked her motorbike right next to Scott's, but today she went to the opposite side of the parking lot. It was one of her many tricks way to avoid meeting him or anyone from the pack; she didn't wanna have to interact with them.
-How long are we going to avoid them? -Bea asked during lunch.
-You don't have to avoid them if you don't want to. You're not the one who argued with them, I truly understand if you girls don't want to get involved. -Carolinne told her, and she meant it.
-After the way they treated you? No, no way. -Alice said. The huntress was one of those people who shared her friends' anger and grudges, and she had taken the argument personally.
-I can't believe they didn't even let you talk... -Daisy shook her head in disapointment.

Back in the indoor refectory a simmilar conversation took place at the pack's table.
-How long do you think the girls are going to ignore us? -Allison asked sadly.
-Carol's usually not one for the silent treatment. She just tells you what she thinks right to your face. -Scott said.
-She did express herself. -Ethan pointed out. -In German.
-I've called her 10 times, she hasn't picked up or returned any of my calls. -Lydia sighed, frustrated. Carolinne had been her best friend for 13 years, and whenever they fought (which was rare) they'd argue and make up. All of them were destabilized by the silent treatment move.
-What about Derek? -Aiden, who'd been oddly quiet until then, questioned.
-Derek has called her 12 times. He must be freaking out. -Scott told him.
-And nothing?
-Nothing.
-Have you tried talking to Jackson? -Isaac suggested. -If anyone can make her bend, it's him.
-That's a good idea. -Allison agreed.
-Then we should call him after school. -Lydia said.
-And tell Derek to do the same.
-Yeah. Yeah, we'll do that. -Scott decided.
---------------

After the last period was over, before Carol went to the parking lot, she stoppes by her locker to leave a few books. There, she found Aiden waiting for her, alone.
-I wanna talk to you. -He said.
-I have nothing to talk to any of you about.
-I think you're right. -He whispered, and that caught her atention. -I think Stiles is the Nogitsune.
-Why didn't you say anything yesterday when they were bashing me?
-Because I hadn't thought if it, but I analyzed what you tried to say and you're right. I've watched "The Exorcist" too, and the similarities are everywhere. He's been irritable and tired, just like Regan, and I overheard him telling Scott that he thinks he was the one who let Barrow in the lab and wrote the message telling him to kill Kira.
-So you don't think it's just a movie either?
-Definitely not. And we have too many signs to ignore.
-Well, thank you for supporting me, Aiden.
-Your welcome. They have chosen to lay low for now, but if anything happens, I'll warn you. I'll keep updating you.
-Got it! Bye!

Carol had never expected to find an ally in Aiden of all people. It was a very nice surprise to know that she'd been wrong about that.
-------------