Chapter 21: Beastiaries and Trees.

Once she was sure that Derek and Peter could handle Cora, she went to meet Alice, Stiles, Chris, and Allison at the Argents' place.
-So, do we have anything?
-We're trying to make a plan. -Alice told her.
-The place where the sacrifices have been commited have usually been differen from where the bodies have been found, I think the placement has to do with the strenght of the current. So, there's the school, the Animal Clinic, the bank. -Chris explained while showing them the map.
-Wait a sec', she wouldn't use the same place twice, would she? -Stiles questioned.
-Only if she didn't succeed the first time.
-Scott's boss. -Allison concluded.
-Deaton. It was her only failure, that could mean something.
-That's just one place so far, we're gonna need a lot more help. -Stiles stated.
-What about Lydia? -Allison suggested.
-Lydia? What can she do? -Chris asked.
-Uh, Lydia's got sort of a talent. -Stiles explained. -She somehow ended uo finding a couple of the bodies, um, without actually looking for them.
-Well, what is she? Psychic?
-...She's something.
-She's a banshee. -Alice told him. -You have that in the Argent beastiary, right?
-I think so, I haven't read it. I don't speak archaic Latin. -Chris said.
-Your family still hasn't translated that thing? You could at least have a french version.
-Yours is in English? -Stiles questioned.
-Our family is brittish.
-But have you read the whole thing?
-Not yet, but I read a different creature every night before I go to sleep.
-...Sometimes I forget that you're Jeffrey's daughter. -Chris sighed.
-I've read a few ones, too. -Carol said. -It is kind of cool.

They laid out all the guns and weapons the Argents had on the table. Alice put her own guns there and Carol did the same eith her blades.
-Woah. -Stiles mumbled. -I thought you guys retired. -He said, refering to the Argents.
-Retired, yes; defenseless, no. -Chris replied. -Now, make sure your phone's on. If you hear from Scott, you let us know immediately.
-Yeah, I'm thinking that's gonna be kind of unlikely.
-All of you, try to remember he's just doing what he thinks it's right.
-I know he is. That's what Scott always does. -Carolinne smiled to herself as sweet memories flashed in her head. Scott and her had some history.

Suddenly, they heard someone walk throygh the door; Isaac.
-I can't shoot a gun, use a crossbow, or throw blades, but... Well, I'm getting pretty good with these. -He brought out his claws. -What is she doing here? -He pointed at Carol.
-I'm helping, just like you.
-Huh, so you got sick of doing nothing with Derek?
-He isn't doing nothing, he's taking care of his sister.
-What are you guys talking about? -Stiles questioned.
-We were at Derek's loft, I told him off for being selfish and irresponsible, and she decided to go on full bitch mode agaisnt me to defend him.
-I warned you, Isaac. Even Peter told you that. And if you really wanted to be so useful, where were you untli now? Because I left the loft long after you, and I got here earlier.
-Okay, enough, you two. -Chris interrupted them. -Both of you are here to help now, so let's get to work.

They all took what they needed and left, ans as they made their way to the car and Stiles went looking for Lydia, Alice turned to Carol with a playful smirk:
-Defending your man with your serpent tongue, huh, CJ?
-Isaac was being mean.
-You're not exactly kind-hearted.
-But I'm only mean to people who are mean to me or to someone I care about; I was evil to Isaac because he was evil to Derek first. He was acting like a spoiled child.
-I know, I know... But it is kind of interesting: last time you went on "full bitch mode" was to attack Derek, and now, you did it to defend him.
-God, you should have seen the look on his face. It was so numb, but so pained at the same time.
-How did the whole thing start?
-I'll tell you everything when we're alone.
---------

-It's empty. -Allison stated, frustrated, when they walked inside the vault.
-Be careful anyway. -Chris alerted and pulled out the cattle prod that used to be Kate's.
-Ooh, I've always wanted to use one of those. -Carolinne said. -I mean, 900,000 volts? That's just awesome.
-How do you know the voltage? -Alice asked.
-Wait, it wasn't you who told her? -Chris raised a brow and the all looked at Carol.
-Uh, fun story, actually. I was jogging in the woods, then I saw Kate and decided to follow her, which led me to the old Hale House, where she proceeded to taunt Derek and used that thing on him. And she literally said "900,000 volts".