Chapter 22: A ritual and a choice.

When Peter opened the door to the loft, his first interaction with Lydia was rather akward, which is understandable, considering it was the first time they met since his resurrection.
-You. -Her eyes widened when she saw him.
-You.
-You.
-Me. -He sighed. -Derek! We have visitors.
-Lydia and Carolinne, I heard. -Derek said without bothering to look at them.
-Well, come in. What do you want?
-We wabt you guys to tell us where the Nemeton is. -Carol explained. -The root cellar.
-Oh, sorry, but we don't know.
-You don't know where it is? But Stiles said you'd been there. -Lydia told him.
-We have. But after a few memorable experiences there, Talia, Derek's mother and my older sister, decided that she didn't ever want us going back. She knew how dangerous it was and took the memory of it's location from us.
-How lovely. -Carol shook her head. -Can't you contact her, somehow?
-We could, but we would need her claws for that, and they are somewhere in Mexico.
-Let me guess: Calaveras?
-Yeah. Your friend Alice told you about them, too?
-She did.
-Yeah,
-But if you don't remember, how are we supposed to find it? -Lydia questioned.
-I have no idea. -Carol sighed. -Call Stiles, I'm calling Alice. Let's all meet somewhere.
--------------

-It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intercect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die. -Stiles said. They had decided to meet at the clynic and see if Deaton could help.
-My dad and Gerard were there once, but Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was. -Allison told them. -And my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now.
-Yeah, mine either.
-So how do we find this place? -Isaac asked.
-If we knew, we wouldn't be here. -Alice answered.
-There might be a way, but it's dangerous. We're gonna need Scott. -Deaton informed.
-We don't know where Scott is, either. And he hasn't been answering our calls. -Carol said. -But now, that I thought of it, he might answer yours.
-That's true. -Stiles agreed. -Deaton, if we want to find Scott, you're our last hope.
-I'll call him.
-Great. What's the plan? -Carolinne asked.
-Well... Him, Stiles, and Allison, have to be surrogate sacrifeces for their parents.
-WHAT?!
-I can bring them back. If it goes right, they'll only be dead for a few seconds.
-That is one BIG "if", we have there.
-And it's not all. It's going to leave a permanent mark in their souls, a mark of darkness. Like a scar.
-I'm in. -Allison declared.
-Me too. -Stiles joined.
-And there is no way Scott would be out. He'll do anything to save them. -Carolinne said. -But guys... Deaton, you have to bring them back. You HAVE to.
-I'll do my best, Carolinne.

Fear; the unsettlement that sent an uncomfortable shiver through your spine and leaves q bitter taste in your mouth. Carol wasn't used to feeling that; she was never afraid of anything (except for spiders, spiders are creepy) that they'd had to face. She wasn't scared of Peter in his Alpha days, she wasn't scared of the Kanima, of Gerard and Victoria, she wasn't scared of Jennifer and the Alphas. But in that moment, she was afraid for her friends, she was afraid that they wouldn't come out of this alive and that she would have to learn to live without them. That Melissa, Noah, and even Chris would never see their kids again, that Scott, Stiles and Allison would never have the chance to graduate, go to college, and live the life that they deserved.
-Ok, then. -She agreed. Because Carolinne Jane Whittemore would never let fear control her. If it was her instead of them, she wouldn't hesitate in sacrificing herself for the people she loves, and if they were willing to do exactly that, she wouldn't stand in their way. -Get Scott.
------------------

-All right. What did you bring? -Deaton asked when the bathubs were prepared.
-Um, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. -Stiles said. -Still doesn't look great.
-It doesn't need to look good if it has meaning.
-Is that an actual silver bullet? -Isaac asked Allison.
-Yeah, my dad made it as kind of a cerimonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the Code.
-Scott? -Deaton nodded in his direction.
-My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in her marriage that ever worked.
-She told me that once. -Carol chuckled at the memory.
-Ok: the three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially, well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under, it needs to be someone who can pull you back. Someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether. Lydia, you go with Stiles.
-Are you sure? -Allison asked. -I mean, Scott and I both have to go under.
-It's ok. -Scott said when Allison and Isaac exchanged a look, meaning that he would be the one to hold her.
-Good. Carolinne, can you go with Scott?
-Absolutely.
-Actually, she can't. -Scott said. -I forgot to tell you, but, uhm, Deucalion wants to talk to you.
-Deucalion? About what?
-He wouldn't tell me. Said that this is a conversation between you and him.
-But--
-It's fine. -Deaton said. -I'll go with him.