Strange Events

Mya P.O.V.

The work that Mr. Daniels gave me was extremely difficult. I had to read all the lessons I've missed and on top of that work, I couldn't concentrate. That kiss still had me stunned. I think that was the most passionate kissed we ever shared. I don't want to but I can't deny my feelings. I'm falling for that boy all over again. No matter how much I deny it. I just can't help it. It was an early Tuesday morning. I tried to finish half the work but it proved impossible so I have up. I got ready for school and left the door.

Jacob stayed with me most of the school hours and I didn't object. We both had detention later on too.

As we walked towards detention I had the urge to grab Jacob's hand and hold it like we used to. He must of read my mind because he held it and I didn't object. We walked into detention and the same thing happened. We sat in silence but there was no disturbances or anything. It had to take all of my strength not to fall asleep. After detention I decided I walk home.

"You sure you don't want me to walk you home?", he asked.

"Yea I just need to uh clear my mind.", I said.

"Ok but be safe.", he said as he hugged me and went to his car.

I began to walk. I took the long way home.

As I began to walk I had ideas. I don't know if you'd think their stupid but it's a thought. I may....reconsider....he's changed? I don't know. Whenever I think someone's changed, they come right back and prove me wrong. I don't know who I can trust right now. He seems to care about me and he seems to grow on me even more than I thought possible. Why does he have to be such a charmer?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a presence behind me. I looked back. No one was there. Weird....

I walked cautiously this time. Them something or someone grabbed me from behind.

"What the-?

"Stay away from Jacob! Got it! Or something bad will happen. Understood?"

I didn't know what to say. I was so stunned at what was happening.

"Wha-?

"Stay away!"

The voice sounded raspy.

"No I will not!", I refused.

He/she punched me. I stumbled until the person caught me.

"Stay away!"

He/she let me go and I fell while he/she ran away.

"What the fuck just happened.", I mumbled.

I got up but the pain in my cheek throbbed.

"Ah.", I said swearing under my breath.

I held my cheek as I walked home.

As I entered the driveway I saw a car there.

It was my mom's car.

I was shocked she was here I ran inside forgetting about the pain. I thrust open the door to see my mom in the living room.

"Mom!", I said.

"Mya!", she said.

She got up and almost fell. She was limping.

"Mom uh what happened to your leg?", I asked.

"Nothing sweetie I fell."

"Well where were you?", I asked.

"Oh just uh in Atlanta.", she said.

"Atlanta! Without me! Mom!", I said.

"Sorry sweetie.", she said rubbing my hurt cheek.

I winced.

"What's wrong?", she asked.

"Nothing uh slipped on a railing.", I said.

"Well put some peas on that sweetie. Oh and here's your phone."

She handed me my phone. It felt great to hold it again.

"Thanks ma."

I kissed her cheek and ran to my room. I turned on my phone and saw I had a text from Jacob.

It was from today. Ironic huh? I read it.

"Every time I think of you my heart skips a beat. You don't know how much I admire you, from your head to your feet. I know I've made mistakes. The ones I can't change nor rearrange. But you are my angel. My jewel. My heart. And even though I don't show it. And my heart can't find the right words so I explode it. My actions have broken you. And actions speak louder than words. And I want my words to be heard. After this long sleep I have been woken. God gave me the words I should have spoken. I shouldn't have thrown away a diamond for a rock. Because u gave me your heart with the keys and a lock. I know better than to break your soul. Because now I look at a big gaping hole. Please forgive me. I love you."

Tears filled my eyes.

I wrote back.

"I love you too."