Introduction

Mya P.O.V.

"Stop! Stop! Leave me alone."

They just kept laughing.

I ran down the halls but it seemed so endless. I couldn't reach the door. I kept running and running but to no avail. I heard all of the names they called me and it echoed and echoed into my head until

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I was tossing and turning in my bed. The sound of my alarm clock woke me up from my dream. I shut it off. I hate the sound of my alarm clock. It tells me that I have to go to that hell hole they call a school. Who invented school anyways? It's like a place for bullies to camp out. My grades have been falling and I'm down to Straight C's. I can't concentrate because of those that make my life hell. On top of that I've been having these dreams. I know they are related to my bullying but I can't seem to understand much of it. I reluctantly climbed out of bed and did my daily routine. I grabbed my book bag and headed out the door. I usually walk to school to be alone.

I stood outside my school. Hollandale High. It's been my Freshman year and ever since I came life has been hell. Only because I was the only black girl there. And I meant the only black girl. Every one else was white. They think there so much better than me. I don't have any friends. Everyone hates me. I sighed and trudged in. As I walked in very one laughed. Nothing new. I heard insults such as "Pig, trash, and nigger." Nothing new.

I walked over to my locker blinking the tears out. I missed my old school. Everyone treated everyone equally. I put in my combination and grabbed the three books I needed for my first three periods. I put them in my book bag and power-walked down the hall. I felt someone following me and I knew who but I continued walking.

"Hey nigger slow down!", she yelled.

I continued to power-walk when she catched up to me and shoved me on the locker.

"I said slow down.", she spat.

I didn't say anything. If your wondering I hated this girl more than anything. Her name was Jade. She was the worst of everyone in this school.

"Why do you still show up here? Your fucking trash. No one wants you here. Your polluting this school.", she seethed.

I began to cry. I couldn't take it. No one wanted to know me for me. They just judged me on my skin color. She spit in my face and walked away.

I wiped the saliva off and ran out of the school. Who would care anyways? I just polluted the school anyways. I cried and cried as I ran out, laughter ringing in my ears.

A/N. What do you guys think? I'm sorry Afraid to Live was so short I just really wanted to get started on this book. I feel as if the message is really deep to not to judge people of the color of their skin but the content of their character. Anyways that was the intro. There will be a sequel for this book. Thanks for reading!