You Can Never Have A Perfect Day

Mya P.O.V.

Justin and I stayed at the park and talked. It was pretty late.

"Thanks for buying me the ice cream. I had a lot of fun but its getting kinda late but you can call me.", I babbled as I gave him my number.

"Yea I had fun too. And I'll see you around at school.", he winked and walked me out.

He walked me all the way home. I hugged him and walked inside my house. I peered out the window and saw his shadow disappear. Once I knew he was gone I went out the house down to this old studio. It wasn't far from my house. It was only a block down. I entered it and I felt completely sane. I used to take a lot of dance lessons in middle school until my teacher died of a fatal car crash. I turned on my iPod to Jacob Latimore ft. Diggy Simmons Blast Off. I really love that song. It's freaky though. I love to dance because I don't lose control from it. It keeps my character built and I'm sane. After my session I turned on a couple of more songs before I realized it was 10:00 p.m.

"Crap! I'm late!"

I grabbed my things and ran home. I hoped my mom was asleep. This wasn't the first time I was late. I opened the door and slipped inside. I locked it and walked as quietly as I could upstairs.

"Not so fast young lady."

I stopped in my tracks. She always catched me.

"Damn.", I muttered under my breath.

I saw that my mom's back was turned to me and she was on the couch.

"Come here Mya.", she said.

I walked up to her and stood in front of her.

"Where were you?", she asked.

"Nowhere.", I said.

"Oh it had to be somewhere because you weren't here!", she said raising her voice.

"Ma it's nothin ok. I was at the park and I lost my way from there to here. No biggie.", I said nonchalantly.

She ignored me.

"Do you know how worried I was? I thought you were hurt.", she said.

"Well mom you thought wrong. As you can see I am perfectly fine and in one piece. Can I go now?", I said.

"Yes. Go to your room because your grounded.", he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Of course mom. I will go to my room where my Apple TV, MacBook, iPad, and phone is.", I said rudely.

"Nope your having your devices confiscated and your curfew is to be home at 9:00. No excuses.", she said.

I groaned. I stomped upstairs making the loudest noise possible then slammed the door.

It's official, I thought, you can never have a perfect day.