You Won't Understand My Pain

Mya P.O.V.

I didn't go to the hospital. Why? I already knew the outcome. I couldn't bare anymore tears. I finished packing and headed into the car of the police officer.

"Are you ok?", he asked me.

I sniffed. "Yea.", I said feebly restraining the tears threatening to fall down my face. We drove off. I began to think....as always. Maybe if I didn't spend the time in Jacob's house, maybe my mom wouldn't have died. Maybe this was my fault. I don't remember. I think my last words were I love you. I don't even know. I wish I could hug her right now but I wouldn't feel the warmth I always do. I'd feel her cold, lifeless body. I totally regret all the arguments I had with her. Now I appreciate her but....it's too late. She's gone. And I can't tell her that I love her again. I sighed and closed my eyes allowing the tears to fall down my face. I felt like dying right there. Who cares about life anymore? I have no one. My dad left after he beat my mom. Tears fell down my face at the thought. My boyfriend, My love, My whole beat me after all we've been through. And to put the cherry on top, some anonymous person killed my mom for being with Jacob. More tears fell. Isn't my life great? Tears flew down my face heavily.

"We're here.", said Officer Todd.

I wiped the tears so it didn't show I was crying. I didn't want sympathy. I didn't need it. Officer Todd grabbed my bags and bought me into the station. I was surprised I wasn't placed in foster care. It seemed odd I'd be living at a police station. I walked inside behind Todd.

"Hey Todd!"

"My main man!"

Some guys were greeting Todd as he walked in. Guess he was popular. They stopped when they saw me. I looked down the whole time.

"Uh hi guys. This is Mya. She's kind of been through an ordeal. I want her to stay in the spare bedroom we have for a while.", he said.

Without allowing them to answer he walked me through. All eyes were on me. I felt like I was back at school again. He led me into the room.

"I'll give you some time alone.", he said before closing the door.

I sighed as I lay down staring at the ceiling. I observed the room. It had a little television, a mini-fridge, and a bathroom. I lay in silence. It was so quiet that I could hear the conversation from the entrance. Where all the officers were.

"What do you mean Todd?", asked one officer.

"Listen guys. I know this is on short notice but her mom died and I don't think she has a father and-

"Then put her in foster care!", shouted one.

"Guys you have to be considerate. She's in a lot of pain.", reassured Todd.

"Todd listen. I feel bad for her but what's the boss gonna say?", asked one.

Todd sighed.

"Guys.....ok fine. Once she feels better I'll put her in foster care.", he said.

They finished talking. I blinked as tears fell. I knew it was too good to be true. But crying wouldn't help. I needed to be strong for whatever challenges were to befall me.

I was watching TV. I gradually stopped crying after a while. Then a booming voice startled me.

"Todd! We have news!", said an officer.

I turned off the TV and listened.

"What is it Anthony?", asked Todd.

"Well we got news on ten missing children.", said Anthony.