Spying

Mya P.O.V.

I woke up to find Jacob was gone. I was about to go back to sleep when I realized today was Monday. I woke up grudgingly to the bathroom. I took a shower and headed downstairs to find Jacob there.

I was afraid to say anything at first.

"G-Goodmorning Jacob.", I said.

He turned around.

"Oh uh Morning Mya.", he said. I noticed there was a strange vacantness to his voice.

"Ready to uh go to um school?", I asked nervously.

"Yea.", he said.

We walked to school in silence. It was the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had. Jacob was looking down the whole time and I admittedly felt guilty about it. I like Jacob but the kiss was just so sudden. I didn't know what to say. Maybe I'd clear things up with him today.

Finally we arrived at school. We walked in and were met with greetings.

"Hey Mya!"

"Hey Jacob!"

All around people acknowledged us. Jacob left with his friends when mine came along.

They're names were Jasmine, Melanie, and Briana.

I didn't consider them my real friends because when I was being bullied they didn't stick up for me but its

"Hey Mya.", said Jasmine.

"Hi guys", I said.

"So how's Jacob?", Melanie asked.

I told them I liked Jacob but I didn't tell them my deepest secrets because I didn't trust them as much.

"Nothing is going on.", I said while laughing.

"Fine. Whatever you say.", Melanie said.

School was boring as usual. It was unusual for me because I was usually with Jacob but he seemed to be avoiding me all day. After last period I walked up to him.

"Hey Jacob. Are you coming by my place today?", I asked.

"Uh sorry Mya. I have uh homework. Yea lots of uh homework to uh do.", he said.

"O....K. Well bye.", I said while walking away.

That disheartened me a bit. Maybe he didn't want to come over because of what happened.

I was still unsure he had a lot of homework so I decided to follow him. I'm not a stalker or anything. I just need to know where he's going. He exited the school and I followed him making sure to hide at every stop.

"Jacob, Jacob wait up."

I looked around.

Jasmine was running up to him.

She was panting.

"What's she doing here?", I mumbled.

"Oh uh Jasmine right?", Jacob asked.

"Yea that's my name.", she said giggling like crazy.

"So uh what do you need?", Jacob asked.

"Oh um I was just wondering if you'd like to go to my party this Saturday.", she said hopefully.

Party? I didn't know Jasmine was having a party. She didn't even invite me. I thought we were friends.

"Oh uh yea sure.", he said.

"Cool. Uh you wanna walk me home?", she asked. She even sounded desperate.

"Uh o..k.", he said.

That bitch. Was she flirting with him? She knows I like him. Even though I didn't show it much before but she doesn't know about that. After they were out of an earshot I began to think. Maybe Jasmine was setting us up together. Maybe she was trying to get us together at the party. But why didn't she invite me? I need some further clues. I walked out of my hiding place and looked around for something.

"Hey Kyle!", I yelled.

Kyle, a junior, walked up to me.

"Wassup Mya?", he said smoothly.

"Nothing uh Kyle can I borrow your hat?", I asked.

"Why?", he said unsurely.

"Really important. I'll give it to you tomorrow.", I said.

"Fine."

He gave me his hat, I grabbed my book from my bag and ran in the direction Jacob and Jasmine went. I finally spotted them and out the hat lower on my face to conceal me. I got as close to them as I dared. It's a lucky thing that I have amazing hearing.

"So uh your really cute.", Jasmine said.

'Bitch', I muttered under my breath.

"Thanks uh you too.", he replied.

"Mya must be lucky to have you.", she said.

Ugh she's so fake. She knows damn well I'm not his girlfriend.

"Uh actually uh she's not my girlfriend.", he said softly.

"Oh well that's great. I mean you not in that way but yea.", she said excitedly.

"I guess.", he replied.

"Do you like her?", she asked.

"Uh I guess so. I don't know. I thought I did but...

"Why do you like her anyways. She doesn't even like you. She's a loser anyways.", she said quickly.

"She's not a loser.", said Jacob.

There was an awkward silence. During that silence I began to think. Jasmine wasn't my friend. She only likes Jacob. She's even talking bad about me.

"Well here's my house.", she said.

"Uh ok. Well bye then.", Jacob said.

"Bye.", Jasmine kissed him on the cheek and left.

I had to restrain all my power to not grab her weave and yank it out of her head.

I didn't realize how close I was standing to Jacob because once he turned around we were face to face.

"Sorry m'am I didn't.....Mya?", he said.

"Uh uh-

"We're you following me?", he asked while slightly raising his voice.

I didn't answer. I just ran like a coward. I couldn't believe what just happened. Turns out you can't trust anyone in this world. No one is a true friend. How can I even trust Melanie and Briana? How?

A/N- I wanna take a moment of your time to acknowledge those that died at Sandy Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. I thank all those heroes that risked their lives for the students especially Victoria Soto. Most of those students were 6-7 y/o. Please pray for them and I send much love to their families. May they R.I.P. 🙏😇👼