Bad News

Jacob P.O.V.

I laid down with the phone on my chest. I sent the text that would determine my life. Your supposed to take risks but I took a huge one.

My phone buzzed. I jumped. I opened the text.

"I love you too."

I sighed as warm tears flowed down my cheeks. She loves me.....again. I felt the pressure lift off my shoulders. She's so forgiving.

Next Day

------------

I woke up excited for the following events. I wanted to see how Mya would react around me. It wasn't official that we were together again....yet. I hoped we were. If she showed it...I'd know. I got ready for school and headed out the door.

Mya had detention today but I didn't. I wish I did. I didn't want her to be alone. But we all know I'm not gonna let that happen.

I stood outside the door and immediately walked to Mya's locker. I was going to wait for her there and do something a little extra. I saw my chemistry teacher Mr. Samson coming past.

"Here we go.", I muttered under my breath.

I walked up to him.

"Good morning Mr. Samson.", I said.

"Hello Jacob. How are y-

I dropped his books out from his hand.

"Jacob!"

"Sorry uh hand slipped.", I said.

I picked them up for him and handed them back to him.

"So how's that diet?", I asked.

"Pardon?", he asked.

"You know. That diet you told the class you were going on. How's that going."

"Great."

"Really. I see you have that watermelon figure.", I said trying not to laugh.

"Excuse you. I'll have you know that I'm am planning to get in shape.", he said.

"What shape? Round?", I said.

"Detention Mr. Perez. Your lucky your not suspended.

He walked away. I felt bad but I couldn't help it. I know I was bullying him in a sorta way but it's for love. The things we do for love.

I saw Mya walking down the hall.

I walked up to her and she smiled at me.

"Hi baby.", I said.

She smiled at me.

"Hi my little Mexican.", she said.

I smiled back. I wrapped my hand around her embracing her. I walked her to her locker and carried her books for her. Before entering class I kissed her on the cheek. She blushed.

I'd have to admit. This school day was the best one yet. I got my chica back. And I get to spend a whole hour with her.

We walked to detention together. We walked in as we realized we were the last ones there. I noticed that Jasmine was there. I scowled at her and we took our normal seats in the back.

Ms. Bridge repeated the rules and we sat in silence. I exchanged smiles with Mya once in a while.

I mouthed to her saying "I missed you."

And she repeated the same thing.

"Ms. Bridge! Mya and Jacob are whispering!", Jasmine called out.

I cursed at her under my breath.

"Extra 30 minutes Mya and Jacob and you too Jasmine.", she said nonchalantly.

I sighed. I'd be late to Oak Grove Center again.

"WHAT?! Why do I have an extra 30 minutes! They were whispering!", she yelled.

"An extra hour Jasmine. I made it clear I didn't want talking and clearly you did that.", she said.

Jasmine sighed.

Jacob mouthed the words "sorry."

It was 4:40. I had 20 minutes to get there and school was about 30 minutes apart from Oak Grove Center. Jacob drove me an luckily there was no traffic. When we arrived I was 5 minutes late.

Mya P.O.V.

"Jacob stay here for a minute please.", I said.

He nodded. I exited the at and walked in. I was shaking a bit because I was nervous. All the kids were there and Mr. Jones looked as strict as ever.

"Sorry Mr. Jones!", I babbled, "I was only 5 minutes late and-

He cut me off with a wave of his hand.

"Mya it's not about that anymore.", he said.

"Oh.", I said uneasily, "Then what is it?", I asked.

"Well I've requested information on you from your school about how your doing in classes.", he said as he came up to me.

I gulped. This can't be good. I didn't speak so he continued.

"Well you've been absent for a long time and your failing in all of your classes plus I've seen too many detention marks."

"Mr. Jones I-

"Mya I thought when j gave you this promotion you'd take it seriously. I also needed a good influence on these kids. Sorry to say. I have to let you go.", he said.

"Go? Go where?", I asked even though I knew the answer.

"You can't work here anymore.", he said.

"No Mr. Jones please I-

"Sorry Mya. You can say your goodbyes to the children of you please.", he said.

I walked up to them refusing myself to cry in front of them.

I crouched down.

"Guys uh Mr. Jones doesn't think I'm good enough to teach you guys so I have to go.", I said plainly.

"What?", said Derek shocked. I saw tears slipping. "No you can't go."

"Don't go Mya!", said Shannon.

There was a chorus of "No!" And "Don't go!"

The one I heard the clearest was Jacob's. He said "But I love you."

I hugged them and walked out the door. When I entered the car Jacob asked "What happened?" That's when the tears fell.

A/N. sorry that took so long. I'm lazy😀. If I don't update soon then take it to note that I was grounded because I might get into trouble and have this confiscated so yea. Pray for me🙏