Starting Over

Mya P.O.V.

My computer was beeping. I jumped from my bed started from the noise. I walked over to my desktop and sat on my chair. I opened it and ZBlog popped up. Jacob posted a new video. I wasn't about to watch it until I looked at the title:

"Goodbye"

I don't know why but my heart was pounding. I clicked it. First it was pitch black until I heard some shuffling and Jacob came into view. He was crying. I could see his tear tracks. His eyes were red.

"Hi everyone. Um I've tried and tried. My attempts haven't worked and I just can't. She won't give me a chance or a chance to speak. I don't blame her. I can't live each day knowing she's out there with someone else. I'll just end it I guess. I'm just going to say this quick. Goodbye."

The video ended. I replayed it over and over before it settled in. He was going to kill himself....again. I got off the chair and ran. I took my car keys.

"Where are you going?", asked Pat.

"Really important. I'm taking the car. DON'T tell dad.", I said before rushing out.

I hopped in my convertible, started the ignition and peeled out the driveway. I knew exactly where to go. If that message had been directed to me then Jacob would have known where I'd go. Plus I noticed the steel bar in the corner. I got to the abandoned studio in no time. I parked and went inside. At the corner I saw Jacob with a knife cutting his arms. He cut deep because there was a huge puddle of blood where he sat. He closed his eyes as he pierced through his skin again. He had several cuts on his arm.

"STOP!", I yelled at him.

He looked at me in surprise but continued cutting. More tears dripped from his eyes.

"Jacob stop! Please.", I said.

He continued to cut. I walked up to him step by step. He cut deeper. If he cut any deeper, I'd see bone. I stepped up to him.

"Jacob-

He cut deeper. I rushed up to him and threw the knife at the corner. He got up to retrieve the knife without looking at me. I grabbed his arm and he retracted in pain but kept walking for his knife. I grabbed his shoulder and made eye contact with him.

"Don't hurt yourself Jacob. I didn't mean anything that I said. I know you've screwed up and I've screwed up. But that's over now. Don't hurt yourself. It hurts me. I love you Jacob Alexander Perez. I love you more than anything no matter how much I deny it."

I didn't wait for a response. I kissed him passionately. He let me enter as my tongue glided into his mouth. It felt like the first real kiss we'd ever had. He pulled away.

"Why?", he asked.

"Why what?"

"Why did you come?"

"Jacob. You screw up a lot, but I love you. And I don't want you to hurt yourself. Plus I broke about a dozen rules because I took my car and drove here without permission and I don't even have a license so...it was worth it."

He laughed.

"So you want to start over? A clean slate?", he asked.

"Of course. Lets just make this relationship work.", I said.

He pecked me on the lips.

"Lets go.", he said.

"Wait. Your arms.", I reminded him.

He looked at them as they dripped blood.

"Oh yea. I forgot about the pain.", he laughed.

I took off my shirt (I had an undershirt) and went into the basement. I opened this faucet. I was surprised it still had water. The handle was rusty though. I dipped the shirt in the ice cold water. I brought it back to Jacob and he was sitting down.

I put the water to his wound and he jumped.

I began to clean his wound.

"What were you trying to do? Cut yourself to death?", I asked.

"I didn't really think it through. I didn't want to look back so I either decided I'd bleed to death or go far enough to bone.", he said.

"What if you ran out if arm space?", I asked.

"I'd go back to my previous wounds and cut deeper.", he said.

I shivered at the thought.

I wrapped my shirt around his wound but his other one was still dripping.

"I'll clean the other one when I drove you home.", I said.

We exited the studio. I gasped.

A/N- Cliffhanger. Lol. What do you think about what happened?