I'll Do It

Mya P.O.V.

"Justin!", I yelled.

People started to look at us but I didn't care.

"Yea that's what his name was. I don't know what the blonde girl's name was.", he said shrugging.

"Jade.", I mumbled.

"What?", he asked.

"The blonde one. Her name is Jade. I know because she bullies me.", I said softly.

"Oh. Why were you surprised when I mentioned Justin?", he asked.

"Nothing.", I said.

I took a bit of my hotdog but I couldn't get over the fact that Justin bullied Jacob. Was it because he was black? Why did he like me then? Who am I kidding? He played me.

Then Jacob said something.

"What?", I asked snapping out of my thoughts.

"I said we could do something.", he said.

"What are you talking about?", I asked.

"I mean we don't have to stand around and get abused everyday we go to school. I mean that we can do something about it."

"Like what Jacob? The whole school is against us and I don't see teachers walk by when we get hurt.", I said.

"I know but we can't just let it all happen. I mean were people to. We have a voice. Why not use it?"

"Jacob it's not that easy. It's not easy to stand up to people because there too damn stubborn to listen. They'll just laugh at us.", I said sighing.

"It's worth a try you know. I mean I'd do anything to be happy an get my grades up. I don't want to end up like my brother.", he said the last sentence softly.

"What happened to your brother?", I asked.

"Well he came to the same high school that we got to currently and well he got bullied all the same. Because of his color. I mean it's gotten so bad that he killed himself. Thats why im an only child. We were close but.....I mean I just want to put a stop to it. I don't want anyone of us getting hurt.", he said as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

I walked up to him and hugged him.

"Jacob I-I'm so sorry. I didn't know.", I said trying not to cry.

"It's ok. It's not your fault anyways. I mean I just wanted to...you know be strong. I want to do what my brother couldn't. I want to avenge him an stand up to those. Either your with me or not Mya I'm still going to stand up to them.", he said.

"I'll do it with you Jacob. I think that I'm I need to stop living in fear and be treated equally.", I said.

"Great! So if I can I'm can I pick you up at your house tomorrow morning. So we can walk together?"

"Yea."