Patience

Mya P.O.V.

Pat has become my best friend over the past week. She introduced me to some people and foster care hasn't been bad at all. We were walking to the cafeteria where we'd have lunch.

"Did I ever tell you how I ended up here?", asked Pat.

"No. It never really came to mind. How did you end up here?", I asked.

"Well Ms. Gaunt told me the story when I was old enough. She said I was only 2 and my parents were in a car accident. Both of them died and I was in the backseat. She calls me a "miracle child".", she said.

"I'm so sorr-

She cut off my condolences.

"It's ok. Things happen. It life. It's time to move on. So how did you end up here?"

"Oh uh someone uh k-killed my uh mom. And my dad sorta left and there's no one to take care of me.", I said barely getting through the sentence.

She pulled me into a bear hug.

"It's ok. You'll get through it.", she whispered. I nodded but only allowed a single tear to fall.

We let go and continued walking. The hallways began to crowd. As we walked in the cafeteria, I smelled spaghetti. We normally have that on Wednesdays. I grabbed my plate and went to an empty table. Pat followed right behind me.

"Mrs. Cook is the best cook ever.", said Pat.

"It's in her name isn't it?", I said.

She giggled.

"Yea I guess so."

"Hey Mya.", said Fay.

I sighed. Fay didn't like me at all. At first she seems nice but when you deny her something, it's a whole different story. Last time she asked to borrow this shirt I had. I told her no and the next day all my clothes in my suitcase were thrown open and my shirt was gone. She got in trouble of course.

"What do you want Fay?", I asked.

"Oh nothing. You just have a little spaghetti on your shirt.", she said.

I looked at my shirt.

"Nice try. Goodbye now.", I said.

I turned around when a force slammed into my back. I yelled. She threw her spaghetti on my shirt.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!", I yelled as I pushed her.

She shoved me and next thing that happened, I was grabbing her by her hair and slammed her onto an empty table. She moaned when a hand grabbed me roughly.

It was Ms. Gaunt. She wasn't so pleasant know. Her well known smile was a grimace. She grabbed me roughly and pulled me out of the cafeteria and into her office. There was a chair in the corner of the office.

"Sit!", she commanded.

I immediately obeyed.

"You are going to sit in this corner and think about what you have done!", she yelled.

I had the urge to laugh. What did she think this was? The 1950s? I guess this is what her parents made her do. As I sat I got bored as time passed. I resulted to counting spiders on the corner.

Jacob P.O.V.

I was shouting her name but I knew there wouldn't be an answer. I cried until I couldn't bear it anymore. I ran home and slammed the door behind me. I trashed everything in sight. What's the point? I have nothing to live for now. She's gone. I drew a knife from the cabinet and sat down. I breathed heavily. Tears flooded down my face at what I was about to do.

I began to pray silently.

"Dear Father. Forgive me for what I'm about to do. I know I've made plenty of mistakes and I am truly sorry my Lord. I love you."

I wasn't thinking. There was just rage. I bought the knife to my chest. My hand was shaking. With one quick thrust to my chest, I fell.

??? P.O.V.

"Can we kill them now?", I asked.

"No. Don't forget the deal new both want what we want. These kids are the ticket to getting that. We can't kill them....yet."

"Listen. I've been doing all the work. Ok you did help in kidnapping them but I had to feed these rats and tie them up!", I said.

"Trust me it will all be worth it."

"It better be."