Part 40: Randall Gone?

*Hayley's POV*

It's been a few days since Dale had passed away. The group moved into the house, and Randall was still alive being held in the shed. I was helping Beth do her chores. While others where still moving their things into the farmhouse.

Carl had admitted to me that he felt guilty for Dale's death, the day after it happened. Said that he saw the walker that killed him in the woods somewhere and it got loose because of him and he thinks because of that it's his fault. I told him not to blame himself but I doubt he won't.

"How you holding us Hay?" I hear Hershel walk up and ask me. I shrug.

"I'm still sad. Dale was such a nice man. He didn't deserve to die that way, no one does." I say throwing some feed to the chickens.

"You're right. At least he's in a better place now." He sighs.

"You think so?" I ask.

"I know so."

"Like heaven right?"

"Yes. Do you believe in God Hayley?"

"Well yes, but me and my family weren't really churchgoers I guess." I say and he nods. "I'm gonna go see if anyone needs some help." I say and they nod.

I walk away and I see Rick and my dad by a truck looking at a map. I run over and stand beside my dad.

"Whatcha doin'?" I ask catching my breath after running. Startling my dad, he rubs the top of my hair messing it up. "Hey!"

"We're discussing what we're going to do with Randall." Rick tells me smiling at me amused.

"And it ain't something you need to worry about. Go on and play or help move stuff." Daddy says. I huff. "Don't huff at me." He said but he's smiling at me.

"Daddy how's me standing here, talkin' to y'all ,and looking at a stinking map gonna hurt anything?" I question. Daddy shakes his head at me.

"I just don't want ya bothered by it."

"Too late." I say smiling and rolling my eyes.

"You're so stubborn." Daddy says looking back at the map.

"Get it from you." I smirk.

Rick chuckled and then pointed at the map and started discussing again.

"Take him out to Senoia-- hour there, hour back, give or take. We may lose the light, but we'll be halfway ho by then." He says. Daddy nods.

"This little pain in the ass will be a distant memory." Daddy said and i elbowed his side at the bad word. I mean he gets on to me! He just swats my arm away.

"Carol's putting together some provisions for him, enough to last a few days." Rick informs and then looks at dad. "That thing you did last night-- Ain't no reason you should do all the heavy lifting. You good with all this?"

"I don't see you and I trading haymakers on the side of the road. Nobody'd win that fight." Daddy answers. "I'm gonna take a piss."

"Daddy!" I try and scold him. But he just tells me to hush up.

"Hey, man, you seen Carl lately?" Shane walks up to where daddy left me and Rick.

"He's inside with his mother." Rick replies.

"Look, he came to me. Okay, I wasn't supposed to say anything, but he was out in the swamps yesterday and he came across a walker stuck in the mud. He got scared, ran off." So I wasn't the only one Carl told.

"The same walker that killed Dale?"

"That's the one."

"I'll have Lori talk to him."

"Look, man, I think-- I think he wants to talk to his father."

"Well, I need this Randall thing done already." Rick says looking at the map still. Shane puts his hand on the map.

"Man, that needs to wait, okay?" Shane says. I kind of agree with Shane right now.

"It's my call."

"How about I ride out with Daryl? Good for us to spend a little time together."

"Nah, I need you here."

"Don't think I'll handle it right, huh?"

"Didn't say that." Rick defends and I can feel the tension between the two of them, I just stay quiet and look down.

"What you say? You know, your son-- He gave me this. You should get that back to Daryl, huh?" Handing Rick a gun. "Freeing that prisoner... More important to you than Carl." He says before walking off, taking a jab at Rick. I can see Rick get mad at his comment. "Bye Hayley."

"Bye." I say softly, despite how awkward this moment made me feel.

"I got to go find Carl and talk to him. So why don't I take you up to the house?" Rick suggests and I nod. Then follow him up to the house.

Later

I sat in the Greene's living room trying to put my sisters hair up but she wouldn't stop wiggling. It was impossible. Every time I scoffed at her annoying wiggling she just laughed and did it more.

"Only got so many arrows. Is that Dale's gun? Yeah. Wish I knew where the hell mine is." I hear daddy say and I giggle. "What're you giggling for?"

"Nothin' daddy." I shake my head.

"Mhm. You got so bored you decided to play with the bit of hair Mad has huh?" He asks.

"I was trying to put it up but she's making it impossible with her moving." I try again but she gets up and runs to daddy. Running and hugging his legs looking up at him giggling.

"She is a wiggly worm huh?" He says picking her up and tickling her. He chuckled then set her down and looked back at me. "I'm about to head out. You be good and help with your sister alright." I nod and get up and give him a hug.

"Be careful daddy. I love you." I say looking up at him.

"I will baby. Love you too. I'll be back soon."

"Ready?" I hear Rick ask daddy.

"Yeah." Dad says.

"I'll get the package." T-dog says.

"Thanks." Rick responds. Putting his gun in his holster.

I look back at Beth and Maddie who have pulled out some of Beth's stuffed animals and are playing with them on the couch.

I grab daddy's hand and walk with him as him and Rick walk outside on the porch. Just as we get outside here comes T-dog sprinting towards us.

"What's wrong?" Rick asks.

"Randall's missing." T replies. My eyes widen and I feel daddy squeezing my hand a bit tighter.

—————————————————————-

Randall's gone?! What's gonna happen next? I'm posting the next update right after this one so it'll more than likely be up. Short wait lol.