Part 57: Violet

Around 6 Months Later

It's been a little over 6 months since they brought back the Woodbury survivors to live at the Prison with us.

It's been fairly peaceful, since, aside from the occasional fights between former Woodbury residents. They never really are much of a problem though.

My father along with Michonne, frequently go on runs outside the Prison, searching for the Governor. Thirsting for revenge. Dad for Merle's death, and Michonne for Andrea, who we had lost when they went back to the prison 6 months ago.

Me and Carl have become closer, he's like my brother. Seemingly always being together. And sometimes getting into some mischief together as well. We're 'Two peas in a pod' as Hershel has said before.

Jacob tends to be with us a lot also, so really we're more like, The Three Musketeers. He's just busy a lot helping out with his older brother, Jude.

As for Jude. He helps out loads around the prison, he helps hunt, trains people, stands guard, breaks up the fights mentioned before & keeps the peace, and despite his young age has been given a seat in the council on behalf of the rest of the Woodbury residents. Which some of the older Woodbury men disagree with deeply. But hey, Jude is good with words, smart, and he's more trustworthy. The rest of the council saw that. Also a more juicy update on Jude is, he has a relationship with, Beth. Sure it's new and a secret, because of Beth having another boyfriend, but Jacob and I know about it.

The rest of the council consists of: Hershel being the head of it, Daddy, Glenn, Carol, and Sasha, who also came from Woodbury.

Rick had sort of given up his leadership role, and had become a farmer of sorts, learning tips and tricks from Hershel. Having the knowledge from owning and operating his own farm of course.

And right now me and Rick are outside, early this morning, tending to the small garden and animals. Pigs and a couple chickens.

"You didn't wake me up." I hear Carl say, and I turn around to face him.

"'Cause I knew you were up all night reading comics with a flashlight." Rick smiles knowingly at his son, and I giggle. "Hayley, just so happened to already be up and offered to help me in your place."

Carl walks over looking into the pig pen.

"What's up with Violet?" He asks, and I look too, seeing Violet looking unwell.

"Carl, I told you not to name them. They're not piglets anymore. They're food." Rick scolds. But Carl puts his hands up in surrender.

"I didn't. Hayley did." Carl rats me out.

"Thanks Carl." I glare at him for throwing his fathers scolding attention on me.

"Hayley." Rick says making me look at him, he speaks as if he's speaking to a young child that has gotten in trouble, I mean not far off. "I told you the same."

"I just thought, you know, until..." I huff, kicking the rocks at my feet.

"Okay. I don't know what's going on with her. Could be sick, could be nothing." Rick finally answers Carl's question. Then he gives me a soft smile. "Feel better, Violet."

"Come on, let's get to it. So we can get to breakfast." Rick orders, and all three of us get to work.

At Breakfast
Third Person

As Daryl grabs some food to eat this morning for breakfast, Carol serving it. As they do so  different people from Woodbury greet him.

"Smells good." He compliments Carol's food.