Part 3:Carl Grimes

*Daryl's POV*
We have been driving for a while. Hayley and Maddie both fell asleep;Hayley with her head on my shoulder, and Maddie against my chest in my arms. I can't believe what has happened in the past 24 hrs. I'm supposed to be at home tucking my girls into bed.

     We stop and I look up out the windshield to see a big traffic jam. It looks like cars are goin' for miles. I look to Merle and he has the same "what the hell is goin' on" look as me.

We decide to get out and see if anyone knew what was up. So I shake Hayley awake.

*Hayley's POV*
    Daddy shakes me awake. I wake up and rub my eyes.,"daddy where are we?" I ask.

"Were on the road baby ya gotta wake up. We're gettin' out to see what's goin' on." Daddy explains. I look from where I'm Sitting to see HUNDREDS of cars! I never thought I'd see so many in one place.

Daddy and me get out of the car with uncle Merle. Daddy's holding my little sister. I decide to hold his other hand. We walk around and we see this man with dark hair and big muscles like daddy's. With a woman with dark long ,hair and a little boy who looks my age if not older. Daddy and uncle Merle walk up to 'em.

"Do any o' y'all have any clue what's up?" Merle asks.

"We've got no clue sir do you know anything?" The woman replies.

"We wouldn't ask if we did." Merle says rudely under his breath. Daddy nudges him and replies to the woman with a shake of his head.

"Those are some cute little girls. Are they yours?" The woman asks looking at me, my daddy, and Maddie.

"Yes they are." He says,"Say hi." He nudges me.

"Hi." I say shyly. Kind of hidden behind daddy's leg. I don't like new people.

"Hello I'm Carl Grimes what's your name." The boy suddenly said after looking from his comic book and seeing me for the first time.

"Hayley Dixon."

"Nice to meet you Hayley." His mom I'm assuming says. She looks to daddy,"I'm Lori, this is my son Carl. And this is Shane." She said gesturing to the bulky guy I saw before as he was walking up, introducing them to me and daddy. Merle wasn't paying any attention, he walks back to the truck which was about ten feet away.

"Daryl tha's my brother Merle that just went back to the truck." Daddy says as Shane walks up.

"Hey, Shane." He says introducing himself putting his hand out. Which makes daddy let go of my hand to shake his.

"Daryl" daddy says again.

"Hey you don't mind watchin' my girls while me and my brother go and try to find out what's goin' on do ya?" He asks Lori. I look up at him with wide eyes not wanting him to leave me.

"Of course I can!" Lori replies standing up from her seat beside Carl; who was now back to reading his comic again.

Daddy carefully hands Maddie to Lori, trying not to wake her. He then turns to me and kneels down.

"I'm gonna go and ask around see if anyone knows anythin'." he says to me like he knows I'm freaking out on the inside.

"Your gonna come back right daddy?" I ask even though I know the answer, daddy would never leave me.

"Of course baby girl. In just a few minutes you know I'd never leave you." He says,"Now go to Lori I'll be right back."

After he says that he walks to Merle and they walk off to go see what was going on. I went and sat by Lori who went and sat in her original spot by Carl.