Part 7: Trapped?

It was yesterday when Daddy and uncle Merle left. They were supposed to be coming back today. They both said so. I'm sitting beside Lori and Carl coloring. Maddie is with Carol and Sophia.

    Amy walked up to Lori with a red Bucket

    "Any luck?" Lori asks her.

    "How do we tell if their poison?" Amy asks pouring mushrooms into a pan that Lori was holding. They both look at them. Amy grabbing a spoon.

    "Uh, there's only one sure way I know of." Lori says.

    "Ask Shane when he gets back?" Amy ask with a hint of annoyance in her tone. Starting to stir the food over the fire.

    "Yeah, you've got it. Thank you." Lori replies picking up the empty red bucket that originally had Amy's mushroom in it.

    "Dale I'm heading out!" She calls to Dale, whose on top of the RV as usual. She turns to me and Carl, "You two stay where Dale can see you, okay?"

    "Yes, mom." Carl says back. I just nod. Then Lori walks off into the woods.

    I just sit in my spot thinking, and still coloring.

    I can't wait until daddy and uncle Merle get back. I'm getting tired of the people they left me with. Lori's too bossy, and so is Shane. Dale is busy keeping watch as usual, and I don't feel like climbing up the RV.

    I would talk to Glenn but he's on the run with uncle Merle.

    I've tried playing with Carl, but I just keep getting bored playing cards, cars, and checkers with him. I wish there was something better to do. But, that's all. Plus his talk about comic books, and superheroes got old a while ago.

    Sophia is with her mom in their tent. She seemed upset when I walked by their tent earlier. It's none of my business.

    I decide to get up and walk to mine, daddy's tent. It's still in Dale's sight so it's fine. I lay on my cot, and get out a book from my bag. I made sure to pack my favorite ones, that I could read. I knew I might get bored.

    After a while I hear Lori calling for me. I get up and run out of the tent after putting my book away. She is back over at the chairs we were sitting in earlier, and she had gotten Maddie from Carol, now holding her on her hip. Shane and Carl were sitting in two out of the three chairs beside her while she's standing. I run over to her.

    "Yes, Lori?" I ask.

    "I was just wondering where you were. I thought I told you to stay in Dales sight?." She said

    "I was. I just went to read in mine and daddy's tent."

    "Okay, I guess that's fine." She says," But, can you just stay over here by Shane, Carl and I? I just want to be sure I can keep an eye on you."

    "Okay." I say then sit down in a lawn chair and Lori sits Maddie in my chair beside me, and starts doing laundry.

    Shane looks to be teaching Carl how to tie a knot with rope or something. I just watch while Maddie plays with her bear.

    "Attaboy." He tells Carl.

    "Yeah." Carl replies.