Part 42: Woodbury?

*Hayley's POV*

    I walk through the aisles of the drugstore by myself, looking for anything useful. I find a few cans of food. And some gauze.

    I walk around a little more and find myself at a jewelry stand. I look around and I spot a necklace with a star.

    It reminds me of my little sister that I haven't seen in 8 months

    It reminds me of my little sister that I haven't seen in 8 months. So I take it.

    I'm eleven now. And It's been so hard being separated from my dad, Maddie, Carl and the others. Not knowing if they're alive, or if I'd ever see them again. Didn't get to celebrate my birthday with them like we always did.

    Let's just say I've been kind of depressed. Don't get me wrong I'm not all alone. But I miss them.

    I continue to look through the store until I decide there's not really anything that useful anymore.

   I go to leave but hear something fall. Immediately making me pull my bow and an arrow out, and hide.

    I hear footsteps and people moving things around. They eventually get closer and as they reach me I jump out and point my arrow at them, making them jump back in surprise.

    "Dammit Hayley! It's just me!" They say.

    "Dammit me?! Dammit to you. Y'all are the ones who scared the hell outta me!" I say.

    "Well sorry."

    "Hey can you help me put this on?" I ask holding up the necklace.

    "Sure, come here."

    "Thanks Jacob." I thank him.

"Why do you need this anyway?"

"It reminds me of my little sister." I explain, he just nods.

Yeah, that's right the person I bumped into all those months ago was my best friend Jacob. He wasn't alone of course. He was with his older brother Jude, his brother's girlfriend Taylor, and a woman named Opal. Opal died a while back though. So now it was just Jacob, Jude, Taylor, and I. Jacob is 13, Jude is 19, and Taylor is 18.

"We'll have you found anything other than a necklace? Anything of use?" Jude asks me. I nod.

"A couple cans of food, and some gauze. Not really much but it's something." I say and he nods, taking the things and putting them into his bag.

"We should get going. Seen some walkers headed this way." Taylor informs us.

We all agree and we run out of the store and back into the woods. Eventually we stop to set up a resting spot. We never stay in one place we're constantly moving. As I go to tie some strings with cans on them up, a walker comes into view. I know I could take it down with a knife, but I pull my bow out and aim. Releasing the arrow it hits the walker directly between the eyes.