Part 44: Missing?!

*Hayley's POV*

I was sitting in mine and Merles room, on my bed, he sleeps on the couch.

Merle was out on a run, so I tried to pass the time reading, being bored since my friends were doing their jobs right now.

Then there's a knock on the door. I get up closing my book, not before folding the current page saving my place though, and walking to the door. I open it to see Taylor who looks scared or nervous.

"Taylor? Aren't you supposed to be on guard duty? What's wrong?" I ask. She walks past me into the room.

"Oh my gosh Hayley." She says pacing back and forth in the room. I close the door and turn to her.

"What? What's the matter?" I ask her, taken aback by her panicked state.

"You know how that Michonne chick didn't like this place?" She asked me.

"Yeah? And why did you say 'didn't'? Is she dead? Is that's what's wrong?"

"No she's not dead. She just left. That's not what I'm freaked out about though."

"Then what is it?!" I say. She keeps pacing. "Taylor stop pacing! You're making me nervous, just get to the point!."

"My point is, I think she was right about this place." She says and I make a face not really understanding. "They took some biters, and they didn't kill them, they locked them into a room down in the basement I watched them, they didn't know I was watching. And also the Governor had a secret meeting with a couple of his men a couple hours ago. Including your uncle, before he left. They made me go off gate duty to guard the door and make sure no one came in."

"You know what they talked about." I ask.

"No, they made me stand far enough away from the door so I couldn't hear. They were real rude and serious about it, so it seems that if I heard anything they'd not be happy. All I heard was something about a prison. But I don't know." A prison?

"Okay? Well what are you saying? We should leave? Why aren't you telling Jude?"

"He's not here, he's doing perimeter with Martinez now, and I don't know maybe we should, what reason would they have to be keeping walkers and keeping secrets from everyone?"

"I can't just leave my uncle though Taylor, you know that."

"What if your uncle isn't as good a guy as you think? What if he's different than he used to be?"

"I don't think he is."

"Whatever, I'll talk to Jude and Jacob tonight before my gate shift. Don't talk to anyone about this Hay, not even Merle!" She said and just walked out the room.

Maybe this place is stranger than I thought I think to myself.

*later*

Later in the day, uncle Merle comes back. He's got a bit of blood on his clothes, and his hands have marks on his knuckles. A lot like daddy's after he had a 'chat' with Randall.

"What happened to you?" I ask him.

"Ran into some people outside. Don't worry about it, they're taken care of." He answers me. I still feel uneasy about it all though. I don't know why.

"What've you been doing all day?" He asks me.

"Not much. They didn't need me in the kitchen today so I just spent most of my time in here, aside from taking a walk earlier." I say, not daring to bring up Taylor's visit.

"Well good. I don't want you to go roaming around in places you don't belong?" He says more under his breath than anything.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"As long as you stay away from the governors quarters, and basement you'll be fine. Just stick to our room, your friends room, the cafeteria, and garden. Sometimes the infirmary." He explains.

"What's in his room and the basement?"

"Nothing you should worry about. The Governor just likes his privacy, don't want nobody in there snooping around in his stuff."

"Why would I be anyway? And why are you bringing it up now?"

"Just making sure you know kiddo. Let's go get some dinner." He says and we go to the cafeteria.

After eating, Merle goes and talks with the Governor again. And I head to where Taylor, Jacob, and Jude stay.

I knock on the door. Jacob opens it and let's me in.

"Hey there short stack." Jude says putting a shirt on, looking like he just got out of the shower.

"What's up string bean?" I comeback. Don't get me wrong he's really strong, but he's skinny, and tall. He scoffed and threw a rag at me.

"How have y'all's days been?" I asks plopping down on the sofa.

"Good just working though." Jacob says and I nod.

"You know how my day went. It's alright, I've talked to them Hay." Taylor tells me.

"So what do you think?" I ask looking at Jude.

"I say we keep an eye on everyone. If we see anything else strange we just go. We leave." He says. I nod again.

I was going to tell them about what Merle said, but I'm not sure anymore. I don't want them to leave, they're my best friends, but I can't leave Merle. So that would mean they'd leave and we'd split up.

"I have guard duty tonight. I have to go." Taylor says.

"Bye." Me, Jude, and Jacob say in unison.

"That was weird." She laughs. "Bye y'all."

Jude walks over to her, and gives her a kiss.

"You be safe. Love you." He tells her.

"Love you too. I'll see you guys in the morning." She smiles and kisses him again.

"Okay, okay. Yuck. Don't you have somewhere to be Tay?" Jacob cuts in. Making all of us laugh, then Taylor leaves. I stay and hangout with the boys a bit longer.

"I guess I'll head back to my room." I say standing up.

"Okay goodnight shortie." Jude says making me roll my eyes.

"Bye Hay, see you tomorrow." Jacob says.

I leave and I walk into mine and Merle's room. He's not there so I just lay down and go to sleep.

*next morning*

I wake up, see that it's 10:00 am, I get up and grab myself a granola bar, and I walk outside then walk to the garden. Sitting down on a bench I start eating my 'breakfast'.

I hear people running up to me. I look up and see that it's Jude and Jacob.

"What's up guys?" I ask confused.

"Have you seem Taylor anywhere?" Jude asks me.

"No, why?" I ask.

"She never came in from her guard shift, and we haven't seen her around all day."

Taylor's missing?! Where did she go?

—————————————————————
Where is Taylor?!😨
If you liked this chap then leave a comment and vote it's very appreciated!❤️