Part 9: Upset

*Hayley's POV*

    I'm still in my tent. Been there for a while. I can't believe they left my uncle. I'm still crying a little bit. I wish daddy was here.

    I hear Someone walk into the tent. I turn over, and it's Amy. She looks sympathetically at me, and then comes and sits on my cot at my feet.

"Hayley, I brought you some food. How are you doing sweetheart?" I glare at her. Did she really just ask me that?

"Well Not very good! They left my uncle Merle to die on that roof!" I say angry. It's not fair she got her sister back!

"Well I'm sure they had a good reason."

"Oh sure! And, you'd be okay with it if they left Andrea on that roof, with a good reason?!"

"No, I guess I wouldn't. But, just let Rick explain it. Maybe you'll be able to talk him into trying to go back for Merle." I glare at her some more.

"I ain't talkin' no one into doin' shit!" I say getting up and rushing towards the door. Shouldn't have said that.

"Hayley! Don't speak that way!" Amy scolded me. I roll my eyes. You're not my parent Amy! Yeah Daddy is probably gonna whoop my butt though.

"Leave me alone Amy!" I said and ran to the quarry. Ignoring her and the other adults calling to me.

I get down to the quarry and just sit. Why would they just leave him! What if it was someone else would they have left them? Can I trust them anymore? What will my daddy do when he gets back?

My thoughts are disrupted by someone saying my name behind me. I half expect it to be Amy coming to talk to me some more, or Lori coming to yell at me for cursing at Amy.

But, when I turn around I see Carl. I huff and turn back around. I don't want to talk to him either. Or anyone in the camp for that matter.

"What do ya want Carl!" I yell frustrated. Just leave me alone!

"What's wrong with you Hayley?" He asks me concerned. I roll my eyes.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe I'm upset because your dad left my uncle on a rooftop. In a city infested with flesh eating monsters." I say sarcastically.

"I'm sure he had a good reason. My dad calls them walkers."

"I don't care what you say, there is no good reason for leaving someone on a roof! It's just not right! What your dad did was not right! And I don't care what he calls them either I never asked!" I snap.

"Hayley chill out. No need to flip on me I'm your friend." He says trying to calm me down.

"No reason to flip! Yeah Carl your my friend, but your also the son of the guy who left my uncle behind," I say then look him straight in the eyes,"You know what? I wish your daddy never did come here. I wish they never went on that run!"

He looks at me with a angry look, he also looked hurt.

"Take that back Hayley. You don't mean it." He orders me. I shake my head no.

"Look Carl I know you've missed him, I'm happy you got your dad back. But, not at the cost of my uncle! I don't know about you Grimes, but us Dixon's stick together." I say and then run off away from him.

When I get back up to the camp I see Shane's jeep pull up. Shane gets out.

"Water's here, y'all. Just a reminder to boil before use." He yells to the camp. I look over at Carol who's doing laundry, with Sophia and Maddie beside her on the ground. Sophia is trying to teach Maddie patty cake. I walk over to them.

"Hey Sophia." I say to her waving. Maddie and her look up to me. Maddie with a toothy grin. Sophia with a smile.

"Hey." She greets back. I look to Maddie.

"Hey baby sis!" I say enthusiastically, even though I'm upset about uncle Merle.

"Hi Ha Ha!" She says. That's what Maddie calls me cause she's still really little.

I laugh and sit down beside them. Sophia goes back to teaching Maddie patty cake. And, I grab a stick and start drawing in the dirt with it.

After a while Maddie started to get fussy. And, Amy came over and offered putting her down for a nap, to Sophia's mom. She took Maddie and walked into the RV. Carol goes to talk to Lori, and it's just me and Sophia sitting together.

"I'm sorry about your uncle." She tells me after a while. I nod to her and look to my hands.

"It's okay. We're gonna find him again. Nothing can kill Merle but Merle." I say. Reassuring myself more than anyone.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah I do."

We hear Sophia's mom call her, and she runs off. I decide to go fetch my coloring book and come back to where we were sitting. I start coloring the page with a Dalmatian and a fire truck on the page.

"What are you coloring there? Looks good." Someone said from behind me making me jump.

I turn around to see, Rick standing there looking at my coloring page, and then to me. I roll my eyes in my head. But, I decide to be nice and polite even if I don't like him much. Daddy tells me it's better when your a kid to just not argue with adults.

"Thank you. It's a dog and fire truck." I say going back to coloring. He sits down on the bench beside me. Why can't you just go away and leave me alone!

"Hm? Cool! Did you like dogs?" He asks me trying to start a conversation.

"Yes, I've always wanted one, but daddy kept tellin' me no. Guess I'll never get one." I say getting a little sad at the fact.

"Hey, you never know sweetheart. Just cause the world is ending doesn't mean anything. We're surviving, who's to say there aren't any dogs out there doing the same." He says making me feel a little better.

Maybe if he didn't leave my uncle on a roof to die. I could actually like Rick.

I nod my head. Still looking at my paper.

"You know I'm really sorry about your uncle." He said disrupting the short silence we had between us. I nod my head again.

"Okay whatever. You just figure out what your gonna tell my daddy." I say then close my book, get up and walk away.

I see Carl and Sophia playing with the Mexican kids. Well not the boy just the girl, I think her name is Eliza. I decide to walk over.

"Hey guys what are you playing." I ask.

"Tag! You wanna play?" Sophia asks me. I just nod my head.

We play for a little while and at one point we got farther from camp and closer to the woods.

I run up and tag Eliza. Carl and Sophia running in front of her. We stop and look at each other, catching our breath.

"Your it now Eliza." I say.

"I think we're a little too far from camp guys." Sophia says. Looking back.

"We're fine." Carl says then looks over to me his eyes widen. They start screaming for there parents. I turn around, my eyes go wide too.

What did they see? 🤔
If your liking the story pls comment, vote, and share this and my other stories with your friends! Thx loves❤️❤️