Part 45: Brother Against Brother

It was later that day and we couldn't find Taylor anywhere! What happened? I hope she's okay! Tay is my best friend in this world now, aside from Jacob. I can't imagine if something bad happened to her.

I was in mine and Merle's room. When suddenly I hear the sound of gunfire. I run to the closet and I hide, unsure of what else I was supposed to do. Hoping that my friends and uncle were okay, I stayed there holding my knife to my chest.

Then I hear the door open and footsteps approach the closet.

The door is opened and I scream and raise my knife up, only for my wrist to be caught.

    "Hey, hey it's me! It's Jacob!" Jacob shouts at me. I relax and lower my hand with the knife.

    "Dang it Jake! You scared the hell outta me." I sigh.

    "I'm sorry. I was coming to check on you. After all that gunfire." He explains. I nod.

    "What was that anyway?"

    "No idea. I was hiding out like you were. I heard that the Governor is calling all the towns people to the 'arena'." He does air quotes when he says arena. That's what Jude calls it, not sure if everyone else does.

    "Okay. I'll meet you there." I say. "Gotta change."

    "Okay, see you there."

    He leaves, and I put clothes back up that I knocked out of the closet when Jake scared me. Then I grabbed some of my clean clothes and changed in the bathroom in case Merle came in.

    When I come out there's still nobody but me here. Merle didn't come to check on me after all that gunfire? Odd of him. He's probably with the Governor at the arena already.

    I leave our room, and building, and I walk up the street. I slow down as I see blood covering parts of the street.

    I feel a hand on my shoulder. It startles me and I turn around, only to see the Governor himself.

    "What are you doing just standing there young lady?" He asks me. I notice he has a patch over his eye.

    "Huh?" I say not realizing I had completely stopped walking as I looked at the blood on the street.

    "Aren't you supposed to be at the arena with everyone else, like ordered?" He says. Maybe everyone else does call it that.

    "Uh, I was heading there now. I guess I just got distracted." I explained. Still looking at his eye.

    "You like my new look?" He asked in a bored tone.

    "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be staring." I apologize and look down.

    "It's fine hun. Let's just get to the arena, how's that sound." He asks rhetorically grabbing my arm.

    We start walking, well more like him pulling me as he walked quickly, to the arena.

    When we get there, he takes me to the bleachers and sits me down, then he whispers something in Martinez's ear, who then comes and stands by me. I notice two people in the center being held by men with burlap bags over their heads.

    "What's going on Martinez?" I ask.

    "Just the terrorist from earlier getting what's coming to them, everything's alright now sweetheart." He says, not even looking my way.