Part 32: Walkers In The Barn

The others had went gun training yesterday. My daddy wouldn't let me go. He didn't want me out of his sight. Still a bit bitter because I was shot under Rick and Shane's supervision.

    Now everyone is outside eating breakfast. That I was helping Carol make. It was eggs, not my favorite but oh well. Carol put eggs on two plates and told me to go give one to daddy.

    I nod and walk over to dad. Who had handed a half asleep Maddie to Andrea, who already had a plate and offered to give what she had left to the toddler.

    "Here ya go daddy." I say as I hand him his plate.

    "Thank you sweetheart." He said I climbed on his lap, And we both started eating the eggs.

    I see Glenn stand up but I don't think anything of it, untillll he says.

    "Um, guys." He says to get our attention. "So. The barns full of walkers."

    Everyone stops eating and looks up. All with shocked expressions.

    We all got up, walking down to the barn. When we get there Shane look in the barn through the crack between the two doors. It having a pad lock. I have ahold of daddy's hand scared the walkers would somehow break through the doors and come kill us all. I squeezed dad's hand at that. He returned the squeeze to reassure me.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this." Shane says to Rick.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." The man replies.

"This is our lives!"

"Lower your voice." Glenn tells Shane. Who shakes his head in anger. I grip daddy's hand tighter.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea cuts in. Who hands Maddie to Carol, her arms getting tired I'm guessing.

"It ain't right. Not remotely." Shane says. Still shaking his head. "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go." Rick cuts him off.

"Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol states. Holding Maddie securely on her hip.

"Okay." Shane sighs. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

"We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick cuts the man off again, shaking his head.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." I hear daddy add. I look up at him, still holding his hand.

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane says.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about." Daddy says roughly. Letting go of my hand, and pointing his finger at Shane.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours."

"Shane stop." I hear someone say. I'm looking up at my father, seeing in the way he's acting that his anger is growing.