Part 53: Clear

I make it to the other room, looking at the drawing of Carl's neighborhood, when I hear the shouting and struggle.

I spin around to see Rick trying to talk to him.

    "Do you know who I am? Do you see who I am?" He asks starting to shout,  my breathing picks up, unsure of what to do I just watch for now.

    "People wearing dead people's faces." The man shouts.

    "Morgan, listen to me."

    "No! I don't know you!" The man repeats, then turns and looks at me, my breath hitched in my throat. "I don't know you either!"

     "You do know me!" Rick yells turning his attention back to him.

    "I don't know you!" The man named Morgan  yells jumping up and on Rick, who turns around and pins the Morgans wrist to the wall.

    "You saved my life, Morgan. You know me. Look at me." I look around the corner as Rick says this, looking Morgan in the eye. Morgan looks absolutely insane.

    I back up as Morgan punches Rick making him fall back. Then stands over him holding the knife above his head.

    "You don't clear, man. You turn. You just die!"

    "You know me!" Rick yells giving me a look and holding his hand out telling me to stay back. I felt conflicted though. I go to pull my weapon out but realize my arrows are in the room with them. Shit!

    "I don't know anyone anymore! You don't clear!" Morgan shouts then pushed the knife into Ricks chest. Who yells in pain.

     "No!" I yell, then before thinking I run and tackle Morgan off of Rick. But I'm immediately thrown into a gun case. Making the guns fall on top of me, I yell out as one of the larger guns hits my head and cuts my brow open. As the rest of my body aches, I look up at Morgan who is now advancing towards me, I try scooting back and my back hits a wall, but then his steps falter as he realizes I'm just a kid.

     This gives Rick some time to recover, he pushes Morgan away from me into another wall.

     "You know me! You crazy son of a bitch!" Rick yells pointing his gun in Morgan's face.

     "Please." Morgan pleads, then grabs Ricks gun and holds it closer to his face. "Please kill me!" He pleads some more as I look on in horror. Rick pulls his weapon away and Morgan begins sobbing. Rick quickly comes and helps me up, setting me on the cot the man was formerly laid up on, on the other side of the room. He tied him up again before giving me a piece of cloth telling me to hold it to my head, until he finished wrapping his stab wound

    "Please just kill me. Just kill me. Just— just kill me." Morgan begs some more.

    "You found me last year, in my front yard, Morgan. You and- You found me. You fed me. You told me what's happening. You saved me. My name is Rick Grimes. You know me." Rick says standing up and putting his shirt back on. "I'm not wearing a dead mans face."

    Rick walks over and picks up a walkie talkie.

    "I gave you this. I said I'd turn it on every day at dawn. So you could fine me."

     Morgan looks at Rick.

    "Rick? I know you. Oh, man. Damn it, I —I know you. I know who you are. You said you'd turn yours on at dawn. That's what you said. I mean, I hadn't worked up to it yet, and —then I did. On the roof every morning for days, for weeks, me and my boy. And then...Me. Just static though nothing but static, and then nothing but nothing. You weren't there. You were never there."