Chapter 14

As I awaken from my nap, Banner looks down at me and asks "Sleep well?" I give him a weak smile before looking to Natasha.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as Thor places his magazine to the side "Is that why you called Thor?"

Banner takes my hand and states "We just wanted to see how you were doing. See when we can get you back in the pool."

Thor sighs and I give a weak smile "Possibly never." Banner gives a confused look and I explain "We won't know if I'm incontinent or not, until they take the rectal catheter out. They can't do that until, at least, Wednesday."

I point to my shoulder and explain "They dislocated my shoulder early on. We don't know if I'll have near the same range of motion as before."

He gives a regretful smile, before asking "Everyone at school is in shock. They can't believe we would have a gay bash."

I furrow my brow and ask "The school knows?"

Natasha looks to me and clarifies "The dean is making a point of making it a safe place for people of all sexual orientations."

I groan, before declaring "I don't want to be a martyr. I just want to get on with my life."

He furrows his brow and asks "Can you?" I cock an eyebrow to him and he states "Aren't you angry?"

I look at him in shock and speak offensively "Of course I'm angry! I've been angry my whole life. Bruce!"

I huff as I remark "I'm done with the anger! I don't want to be this, anymore! I'm tired of hiding how I feel! If I could be straight, I would!" I shake my head "And I, sure as hell, don't need a straight man to tell me how to feel about this!"

He bites his tounge, before declaring "I didn't mean it like that."

I huff and look down at me cast, before looking to him and declaring "I think it best that you leave. Maybe come back later, but I really just want to be alone."

Thor nods, before looking to them "I'll walk you out."

I grab his hand and order "Why don't you go down to the cafeteria for awhile? Get something to eat?"

He looks taken aback and tells me "But I haven't left your side since you got hurt."

I give a weak smile and tell him "I just need like thirty minutes, where I'm not looked at by anyone."

He gives a short nod, before walking out of the room.

As soon as the door is shut, tears come to my eyes and I whine out in agony. As I finally let it out, a scream begs to come out.

When it escapes my body, I hear footsteps approaching my room. They stop right outside and I hear whispering on the other side of the door.  I struggle to catch my breath.

As I continue crying, the door opens and the male aide from the other day steps in and asks "Is everything alright?"

I shake my head and beg "Just leave me alone!" He shakes his head and I sob out a "Please, just leave!"

"I can't do that." He states, before squatting down to my level "Why don't you tell me what's wrong? Maybe I can help."

I shake my head and tell him "They've broken me!" He rubs my arms and I tell him "I can't breathe!"

He takes my hand and presses the call light. When a nurse steps in, he calls out "Mister Laufeyson is complaining that he can't breathe."

The nurse runs out and I see Thor poke his head in "Loki, baby?"