Chapter 25

The day started off with the siblings insisting that their brothers could never do this. One more brother, and two sisters.

I just couldn't wrap my brain around it.

When it was my turn to testify, I absently pledge myself to candor. As I sit, the defense steps forward and asks "Hello, Mister Laufeyson. How are you today?"

I give a tired smile, before remarking "I don't have a catheter up my bum, anymore. That's a plus."

He chuckles, before continuing "I'm going to start with a few questions." He looks to me and asks "Do you have a drug problem?"

The prosecutor nods to me and I reply "No, and every trip to hospital can prove it."

He opens the file he had been carrying and hands me a slip of paper "This paper holds the results of the drug screening done on December 19th. Listed as evidence 21A. This was the night of the so called assault?"

I furrow my brow and declare "Yeah, that's the night."

He points to the highlighted section and asks "Can you read the highlighted results?"

"Evident trace of herion." I state, before placing the paper down.

He looks to me and asks "So you've taken drugs?"

I narrow my gaze and state "The only drugs I take are the one's prescribed to me by a doctor."

He looks to me and rephrases "Have you ever taken drugs?"

I take a deep breath, before declaring "Only one's I'm given unknowingly."

He narrows his gaze at me "That happen often, does it?"

The prosecutor stands and erupts "Objection, speculation."

The judge looks to the defense who smirks "Goes to integrity of the witness."

The judge narrows her gaze "Counsel will rephrase."

The pig nose of a man rephrases "How many times would you say you were unknowingly given drugs or forced to take drugs?"

I lead back and sigh "I don't know."

"You don't know?" He asks, before looking to his file "I was told you have an identic memory."

"I do." I state.

He gives a smug look "They why can't you remember?"

I look past him. Thor sits in the courtroom, giving me an encouraging smile. I nod at him, before looking to the defense and starting the dance "My identic memory developed over my childhood years. Back then I was living in an abusive foster home. I remember most of it, but there's still somethings so bad that I lock away, too scared to open. I'd say upwards between fifty to sixty times, including the drugs I unknowingly ingested in the water at the homeless community I lived in."

He looks taken aback and sighs "We'll, that's..." He flips through his folder and I look to the prosecutor. She smiles at me, before he continues "I didn't find any police report for foster home abuse."

I give a smug look, before explaining "It was undocumented, because police didn't believe me. The prosecutor should have submitted the proof to evidence. It would be the word 'WHORE' carved into my stomach."

He finds it and looks to me, before asking "Why would they do this to you?"

I lean back with a grim smile "Because, I was. At the age of four to fourteen, I was given to every pedophile in the country."

He narrows his gaze and asks "How many people would you say you slept with?"

I shrug, before declaring "Somewhere over a thousand."

He nods, before asking "How many when you were homeless?"

"Objection, irrelevance!" The prosecution interjects.

The defense looks to the judge "Goes to the credibility of the witness."

The judge narrows his gaze at the defense "The witness will answer, but you're walking a fine line, counselor."

I set me jaw, before declaring "Probably fourty."

Te defense smirks "So, it's safe to say that one person isn't enough for you?"

I cock my eyebrow to him and the courtroom erupts. After it's settled, the judge looks to the defense "Jury will disregard the last statement and the defense just learn compassion."

The defense nods, before looking to me "In your statement, you claimed that one of the defendants shoved a gun into your mouth?"

I furrow my brow and declare "The short one, yes."

He takes a moment, before looking to the judge "At this moment, I have no more questions for this witness, but wish to recall, if needed."

The prosecutor steps up with a smile "Mister Laufeyson, I'm going to have to go into extreme detail with you. I'll try to keep this short. You've been though enough."

I furrow my brow and look to Thor "Get out."

He shakes his head and the prosecutor looks back to him. I hold stern and repeat "Thor, just get out!"

He sets his jaw and stands. Once he's out, the prosecutor looks to me "Mister Laufeyson, you said you were abused in you foster home?"

I set my jaw and reply "Yes, yes I was."

She gives a tired smile "Will you please describe your abuse?"

I take in a deep breath and explain "They raped me... beat me... fed me dog food... strangers paid them to hurt me, and nobody ever noticed or reported it."

She nods, before looking to my assailants "Okay, why don't you describe your assault?"

I set my jaw and explain "I was on a run, with my boyfriend. I gave him a kiss and continued on with my run when he went inside to get a glass of water. I round the corner and something hit me on the back of the head."

I look down and continue "I couldn't touch the floor... I was tied to a hydraulic lift. The short one..." I hold back my rage as I explain "He sodomized me with a broomstick while the tall one beat me with a cricket bat. They stopped when the other one was carving the word COCKSUCKER into my chest."

I clear my throat and explain "Then, I passed out. I came to, and the started in with the broomstick again. Then, they forced the cricket bat inside of me. The short one shoved a gun in my mouth and I just remember crying."

I take a deep breath and look up to her "He shoved the gun inside of me and pulled the trigger."

I gulp and declare "I don't remember much after that. I remember the cold van floor, and the pavement outside of the hospital."

She nods and I hear the defense whisper to the assailants "Mister Laufeyson, how has the assault effected you?"

I furrow my brow and explain "I was a swimmer, before all this. I'll never be the same... and I can't really be intimate."

She nods, before asking "What happens if you do?"

I give a weak smile "Last time I tried, I ended up back in the hospital for rectal perforation."

She nods, before asking "So, their assault has influenced you in what way?"

I take in a deep breath and explain "I can't be with my boyfriend, I can't swim anymore, and I can't sleep... not like I've ever been able to."

She looks to the judge and smiles "That's all for this witness."

The defense looks defeated when the prosecutor returns to her seat.