Chapter 26

It took less than thirty minutes for the jury to come back with a verdict. As I sit in the courtroom, Thor puts his arms around me and I hear the one world. It's as if the weight of the world crumbles around me and every ounce of rage in me crumbles away. The justice I've been craving my entire life is finally served when the jury finally announces "Guilty."

I sink into Thor's arms and sob and the assailants are pulled from the courtroom. He smiles down at me and insists "Let's celebrate!"

I shake my head and declare "I have a final. You go ahead. I'll meet you there."

~

After my final, I step into my dorm room and Natasha asks "Are you sure about this?"

I nod and she starts helping me pack.

After we shove my shit into the back of her car, we silently drive over to east London. On the drive, she looks at me tiredly and asks "What do you want me to tell Thor?"

I sigh and look at her "Nothing. Let him figure it out. You came to pick me up after my final and I wasn't there. You went to my dorm, and everything was gone."

I furrow my brow and insist "You don't tell him where I am. You don't tell him you even saw me."

She looks at me and asks "Why?"

I glare at her as we roll up to a stop sign "I'm broken, Natasha!" I furrow my brow and scream "I'm a raging, flaming, pile of horse shit, and I don't want to pull him down with me!"

She shakes her head and declares "You're not."

I look back to the road and we sit in silence until we pull up to my new flat. As she opens her trunk, she looks around and declares "This place is shit."

I narrow my gaze and declare "I grew up across the street."

She cocks an eyebrow and asks "Why are we here?"

I set my jaw as I lean against a box, announcing "I saw recruitment letters, for Thor! He's fucking going pro!"

"Hockey?" She asks and I sigh, before she asks "Why didn't he tell us?"

"He threw them away, Natasha!" I hiss, before turning towards the box "He wanted to pour his life-long dream career, down the drain, for his broken boyfriend!" I look down at the box and announce "He didn't even have the decency to tell me. I picked up his post, sat it on his desk, he came in while I was in the bathroom. He was throwing them away when I came in."

She furrows her brow "How do you know they were job offers?"

I furrow my brow and explain "I went through them." She sighs and I declare "The panthers were offering 70k. The Giants were offering 90k."

She sets her jaw and looks down the street "Head upstairs and start unpacking. Ima make this fun."

I look her and she points to the corner store "Some wine should do the trick."

I give her a warm smile and she sighs "I'll call Bruce. Tell him I'm out looking for you. He can break the news."

I stare at her and she smirks "I'll explain more later, when he picks me up."

I smirk, before declaring "It's 2A. Most of my furniture was delivered this morning."

She smiles, before I start up the stairs with my box and duffel bag.

As I toss the duffel and box down on the new dining room table, I look around at the grimy gloomy apartment and smile. It's all mine. My first place, all to myself.