Chapter 36

As I take a seat in the front row, Thor looks back from the box and furrows his brow. He pulls out his mobile and I get a text from him "How'd it go?"

I text back with a quick "They cut a deal. They're going away. I'll explain more later."

When I push send, he smiles back at me and I give a warm smile, before putting my mobile away.

He takes something out of his pocket and shows it to his teammate, Fandral. Fandral looks absolutely pissed.

Thor's demeanor completely changes and he shoves it back into this pocket, before standing up and putting on his helmet with his face reading of hatred.

Fandral stands and gets in Thor's face, screaming something at him. Thor glares at him, before screaming something back.

After a moment, Fandral pushes Thor back. The crowd's attention draws to the outburst. Thor straightens out and steps up to Fandral, raising a finger in his face, telling him something with a death glare, before backing up and sitting further away.

I pull out my mobile out and text him "What was that about?"

He pulls out his phone and states "He's pissed that I'm walking away. I always suspected he wanted something from me, didn't think it was my cock."

I cock an eyebrow to Thor, before texting back "Did he come onto you?"

He texts back, immediately "Just now. He's not happy."

I furrow my brow as players start getting ready. I look to Thor, who shoves his mobile in his pocket, right when I get another text, reading "Gotta go, love you."

I smile at my mobile, before replying with a "Love you too, darling."

When I look up, he stares at me smiling as he puts on his gear.

I wink at him, before he nods to himself.

Seconds later, the announcer begins speaking over the intercom "Welcome everyone to The British Ice Hockey Championship. The winner of this game will be taking the trophy home."

The jumbo tron paints the announcers. The other man looks to the first and declares "Time will tell if Odinson is actually in the game, tonight. He will be playing, but as you may not know, he has announced his retirement from the sport, after this game."

The first announcer nods "And make sure to stay tuned after the game, when reporters will be on the ice, interviewing Odinson on his final game."

Only a minute after the puck drop, Thor scores the first point. I smirk as I watch him skating like a boss across the ice.

For the next hour and fifteen minutes, I watch in awe at Thor skating furiously across the ice. The score is tied at two minutes left.

There's on three seconds left, Thor fires a shot into the opposing team's net. And everyone is on their feet, cheering.

Thor skates over to his bag and tosses his helmet, gear, and stick down, before skating over to side of the rink next to the open door. The interviewer stands right outside the door, as Thor stands right inside. The jumbo tron is plastered with Thor's face as the report asks him "How do you feel about your last game?"

He smiles unbelievably as I can see him tossing something in his hand "It was a great send off. I will miss it, but it's time for me to go. Time for me to be a dad, and a husband."

I look down, trying to conceal my smile. When I look at the jumbo tron, I find there's a video feed of me. I look back to where Thor stands, to find she asks "What do you have, there?"

Thor stops tossing the object in his hand and reveals a little black box "I must admit, I had ulterior motive for this interview." He looks to me and states "It would be much easier for me to be your husband, if you decided to wear this."

A wide smile covers my face and he asks "Loki? Will you marry me?"

I bite my lip and smile at him, before standing up and walking down the aisle to get to him.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs, I find Fandral walking up to Thor. Everything after that happens so fast.

Fandral got Thor's attention, before rushing him and knocking him over, behind the barrier. I practically run the rest of the way as the opposite side of the stadium starts screaming their heads off.

By the time I see Fandral stand up, grabbing his head and starting screaming "Oh my god! I didn't mean too! Oh my god! Thor!"

My lungs collapse as I finally set eyes on Thor. All sounds has left the stadium. My brain shatters, and my heart caves.

Fandral's skate collided with Thor's neck. He has no way to breathe, and his carotid is severed.

I take in a deep breath, before kneeling next to him as he struggles to breathe.

I take hold of his hand and grab his head. He looks to me lovingly and as tears stream down my face "Yes, Thor." I wipe my face on my sleeve, before speaking with a cracking voice, reassuring him "I'll marry you in the next life, love."

He struggles to keep focus as a tear escapes his eye. I place a kiss on his hand, before telling him "It's okay, Thor. I'll see you soon, my love." I give a weak trembling smile "It's okay to go."

He looks a me and I make eye contact with him, reassuring "It's okay. You can go."

I brush his hair back and after another few seconds, I hear his final breath leaving his body.

As soon as the life leaves his eyes, I rest my head on his and begin sobbing in utter agony. My body trembles as I let out the most blood curtailing scream. I lay there for a couple more minutes, holding him and crying.

When I finally let him go, I sit back on the ice, covered in blood and holding my hands over my mouth in utter shock.

I can feel hundreds of eyes on me, but I don't care.

My mobile buzzes constantly in my pocket, but I can't move.

It isn't until about an hour later, when the police have come and gone with the body and Fandral, I actually let myself process.

Thor's dead.

He died in my arms.

He wanted to marry me, and then he was murdered, right in front of me.

He told me he loved me, and then he died in my arms.

And then I realized, I can't do this without him.

And that's when my plan began to bubble.