Chapter 31

After the interview is over, both of our mobiles start buzzing. I received call after call from: Mobius, Natasha, Hela, Frigga, and several others.

We were too busy to notice. It was around midnight when my mobile buzzes for the hundredth time today. When I pick up, I sigh "This better be important."

"First off, Thor Odinson?" Mobius asks, before chuckling "Seriously?"

I sigh and tell him "Yeah, I'm currently riding his dick. What do you want?"

"I didn't need to know that." Mobius sighs, before declaring "We're in your neck of the woods. Figured you might want to see the crime scene."

I roll off of Thor and ask "What's the address?"

"It's the flat across from your's." He states. Reality sinks in and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

I stand there for a moment, before declaring "I can't be the prosecutor on this case, Mobius."

He gives a confused "Why not?"

I set my jaw and order "Call someone else. I'm going to hope in the shower. I'll be at the station in about an hour. Look very hard for anything to nail them."

"On it." He states, before hanging up. Thor looks to me and I hold my hand up to him "I gotta go. My old foster parents are getting picked up. I'm going to make sure the kid is alright."

He's up and in the bathroom, in a matter of seconds, declaring "I'm coming with." I start to argue and he insists "I'm driving you, and you're not getting a decision in this."

As he starts back to the shower, a soft smile plays on my lips. My big protector.

After a quick shower, we barrel down the roads of London. We sit in complete silence all the way to the station.

When we get there, I practically run into the round pin to find all the detectives staring at me. Mobius walks out of the office and orders "With me."

I furrow my brow as I ask "Where are they?"

"With me." He orders, sternly and I set my jaw.

Obediently, I follow him into his office and he looks to Thor. I look to Mobius and state "He's fine."

Mobius allows him in. He motions towards his desk chair and sighs "Take a seat."

I furrow my brow and ask "What's going on here, Mobius?"

He looks at me, tiredly "It's after midnight and I'm thinking you're in need of a therapist. Take a seat, Loki."

After a moment, I sit and he grabs something out of his briefcase "I have been sifting through thousands of photos over the past thirty minutes. I can't unsee any of it. In total, I've seen six different victims, only two of which are currently identified. Half of the squad helped with sifting them out. In told, we have thousands. These are the second youngest photos. There's only a few photos of the most recent photos."

I set my jaw and he sits them in front of me "I'm sorry, Loki."

I look down and find a massive stack of photos in front of me. The top one is very vivid. It's me, probably age five, being touched by two massive hand, wearing nothing but a shock collar.

I sit there for a moment, before taking a deep breath and looking to Mobius and Thor "Give me a minute."

Mobius grabs Thor and leads him out. Once the door is shut, I look down at the photos and begin to flip through them in utter shock and disgust.

After a few minutes, I remember his laptop.

I stand up and step up to the door. When I find Mobius outside, I ask "Where's the laptop?"