Chapter 33

Months pass like weeks as Thor and I begin our lives together. I've almost entirely moved into his place, minus the bare essentials I left at my flat, for the days I need to crash close to the office.

We've fallen into a routine. Natasha is over twice a week, usually ending with Thor and I pouring her into a cab, and fucking the minute she's gone.

Most nights end the same. One of us bends the other over some piece of furniture or in some usually place.

On the nights Thor is away, we Skype ourselves to sleep.

It's late March when I stand in front of courthouse. I take in a deep breath as Thor looks back to me "Are you alright, babe?"

I look to him and he steps back, before I tell him "This was my safe space, for a decade."

He takes my hand and asks "Will any outcome be okay with you?"

I furrow my brow and state "I think if they're guilty, I might find some peace... but, there's just so much, I don't know if any outcome will make me completely happy."

Thor looks to me and asks "Do you think you'll ever feel safe here, again?"

I nod, before declaring "If they go to prison, I'll be fine. I just don't know what to expect."

He nods, before looking up at the courthouse "There's too much evidence for them to walk."

I nod, before taking in a deep breath "You're right."

He looks to me and asks "Did they ever track down the other victims?"

I shake my head, before declaring "They all disappeared after they got out of the system. Never to be heard from again."

Thor furrows his brow "Then who's testifying?"

I look to him and state "Me and the kid."

He nods, before I sigh "They can't be charged for what they did to me. They can only be charged for the child porn, child trafficked, and rape for the kid."

He nods and I state "It should still put them behind bars for the rest of their lives, which will probably be over very soon."

He scoffs "Not good for a pedo in prison."

I nod, before I hear Mobius call behind me "Loki?"

I turn just enough to look at him, before giving a weak smile "Hey, Mobius."

He steps up on the opposite side of me from Thor and sighs "You ready for this?"

I give a short nod, before declaring "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Mobius looks to Thor and asks "When's the final game?"

Thor sighs "Friday night, in Belfast."

Mobius furrows his brow and states "Let's hope we've got closing arguments by Thursday."

I look at him, knowingly and he sighs "Yeah, hope has nothing to do with it."

We're silent for quite a long time, before I sigh "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm ready to go in."

Thor nods, before Mobius looks to him "I'm actually going to steal Loki, for a minute. There's some last minute changes in the case."

I hum, before looking to Thor "Court room 3."

He nods and I slip my hand from Thor's as he walks up the stairs. Mobius looks to me and hands me one of the coffee cups he was holding. He looks to me and states "Earl Grey, just the way you like it."